Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of an impact if any does anyone think this impending storm will have on your Election ??.If there is any impact do you think it will favor Romney or obama..?.

·
Banned
359 Posts
I expect no impact. But I do expect some Democrat megaphones to float the idea that the election has to be postponed because some people in the Northeast, a Democrat stronghold, might find it harder to get the polls. Yeah, right... whole week after the storm has passed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can see the possibility of the storm causing problems in the east.
I know if I could not cast my vote because of a storm like Sandy I would be very unhappy.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
There may be some impact. I heard that Romney suspended his campaign today to fly back to Washington so he could stop Hurricane Sandy.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The election is 9 days out. This should make landfall by tomorrow night and, assuming it lasts 3 days, (just a guess), that would give like 5 days to "recover" from this. So, how would this effect the election?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
There may be some impact. I heard that Romney suspended his campaign today to fly back to Washington so he could stop Hurricane Sandy.
Romney said he cancelled campaign stops so first responders would be freed up to help the storm response. It takes quite a few local personnel to man these campaign appearances.

Is Romneys money safe in the Cayman islands
Probably just as safe as Nobama's money in China and Russia........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Larry the Liberal said:
I think you mis read that. It was oBUMMER that said he would stop Sandy. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
23,652 Posts
Obama came on the TV and said he received a full briefing on the storm. Thats his first briefing in months, guess he is worried he won't get his kick back checks from the remaining stimulus money.

He flew back to Washington so he could look presidential, reminds me of Al Haigh we're in charge here.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I am definitely glad this storm was not next week. That would give lots of voters legitimate problems, and open too many cans of worms for the whiners.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,754 Posts
In all honesty though, I do think this fares better for Romney than Obama. If things go wrong, it won't be Romney taking blame. The media has something else to focus on other than cheerleading for their squad leader. When it comes right down to it, conservatives tend to be the more 'get-er-done' type who will make it to the polls regardless of weather hardships. Lastly, if it suppresses votes, well I think that also fares well for Romney since his supporters are more enthusiastic this time around and therefore less likely to be suppressed. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Romney said he cancelled campaign stops so first responders would be freed up to help the storm response. It takes quite a few local personnel to man these campaign appearances.

Probably just as safe as Nobama's money in China and Russia........:rolleyes:
Oh man... You beat me to it....:D

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
Obama is happy to see this storm. It takes some of the heat off of Benghazi temporarily until the election is over. The news media is running nothing but stories of Sandy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.