Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1022 target model with the standard Ruger 1022 target barrel. Gun is maintained well, etc. All of a sudden, accuracy seems to be off. When you pull a brush through it, it is very strange. As you start out from the chamber end, there is the usual resistance. Then, suddenly, in about the middle, there is virtually none. It is almost like it is perfectly smooth, for about an inch or so. Then, the resistance picks back up for the rest of the barrel. Gun has been scrubbed, have used electronic cleaner on it, for both lead and copper, etc, and yet it continues. Anyone have any thoughts as to this or heard of it before?? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Look in the barrel and see if there's an area where you don't see any lands/grooves? There's "clean" and then there's really clean. Could still be enough lead making the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Welcome from Northern California. I've got a target 10/22 also, and both brush and patch always feel about the same for the full pull through the bore. Wish I could help you out. I'm sure others will.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking up the barrel, there do appear to be lands and grooves the whole way. Looks just like a brand new one I have when viewing through it. Thats what makes it so strange. Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any chance you've had a squib? If one shot didn't make it out of the barrel and the next pushed it out you can bulge the barrel (or a lot worse). You can probably use a metal straightedge on the outside of the barrel to check for a bulge.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts