Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Ed's sportshop here in PA to dropoff my Grandpa's old .22 Marlin and ended up purchasing the TLR-2 Laser/Light combo from Streamlight . Got the last one, they had it on a tricked out glock with a supressor and some other goodies.
Got it home and put it on my P95 sighted in the laser to be spot on at 7 yards. Then I cleared the house, lol. I liked using the laser with the LED on at the same time.
Got to the range today and WOW do I like using the laser. I had faster follow up shots and got tighter groups.
What a great investment, I am very happy with the unit and hope it holds up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They've come a long ways since Streamlight made the SL20-I like their Strion and Stinger....lots lighter and smaller than the old ones...I just can't get used to mounting my light on my gun(handgun or long gun)...I want that light away from me 'cause they'll shoot at the light...and I don't like to point at what I'm looking at till I see it's necessary...makes for a fat, happy lawyer....lasers yes, mounted lights no...in my oopinionated old fart opinion...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You make a good point sheepdog.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are they still in King of Prussia? I'd like to see that plant someday-they were the first to make a hand light that was bright enough to blind the BG...I used to warm my hands in winter with mine...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I like 'em. Sturdy construction, very compact and a great value.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm with sheepdog on the light - I see PD supporting the strong hand with a flashlight in the left fist or with both hands together. I was taught to get that light out to the side and away from the body. I think holding it high over your head is good, that way the BG thinks someone 8 ft tall is coming! And I can leave the gun holstered if not needed and still see in the dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts