Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are the little round stickers on pistols for? I have noticed that they are differant colors. They are about the size of the piece that you get out of a hole punch.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I had the same question today! My new SR9 has a green dot on it. Maybe it means when I'm holding it, I'm the Quarterback! (non-NFL followers might not get that.)

Anyway, looking forward to the answers. Nothing about it in the owners manual...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my understanding is that they are inspection stickers and color coded to a paticular inspector.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense I guess. That's the only logical reasoning that makes any sense to me. I must admit though, I thought of some pretty weird things as to what they could be for/

·
Registered
401 Posts
Stupid answer about stickers on pistols...

Couldn't resist :rolleyes:

I think Deputy125 is correct...
my understanding is that they are inspection stickers and color coded to a paticular inspector.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So do people leave them on, or just make a note which color you got just in case there's a problem. And do they come off easily?

·
Registered
7 Posts
my SR9 did not have any stickers. I think that a lot of gun shops probably remove them before they go in the display case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts