Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a SS Super Blackhawk 4 5/8 in and I was looking for a good holster. Something for general outdoor use. Hunting backup and self defense when backpacking/hiking.

I was looking at the Galco SAO Outdoorsman and was wonderring if there was anything else similar out there. That Galco is expensive.

I like leather holsters, but I would look at others.

I have an older single six, so this is my first SAO big bore. Any suggestions on improvements without affecting reliability? Some nicer sights would be nice.

Thanks

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Congratulations on your new SBH.
Got any pics ?
Depends how much you want to spend.
I use these guys.

El Paso Saddlery - Holsters

·
Registered
590 Posts
Leather is pretty, but I use nylon. If it gets dirty or bloody I can easily wash it. If it gets wet, I can quickly dry it. Same applies to rifle slings

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also have a SS SBH with a 4 5/8" barrel. I like the Triple K holster in the Ruger Store. It's $42. dollars. I have bought one for all my revolvers and they hold up well. I believe Cabela's also carrys them.

Grampie not Grumpie,

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Some nice holsters. I'm leaning toward the Galco still, but a very nice assortment. Any deceny Nylon ones? I'm finding that the holster selection for these guns is less than a double action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts