Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I own 2 GP100s - one in 357, one in 22lr. I briefly shot a friend’s Redhawk before, and I understand that is roughly the same size as the S&W N frames. Where do the Super GP100 and Super Redhawk fit in size wise?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
boneuphtoner, the Super GP100 has the same frame as the Super Redhawk, as well as the same spring setup.

I have two Super GP100's, both in .357 magnum. I changed the hammer spring to 10lb, and the trigger spring to 8lbs. Changed from Hogue wooden grips, to original style wooden inlaid rubber grips of the Super Redhawk, and GP100- I have small hands... BIG difference, even to Custom Shop setup... Having had two dozen Ruger revolvers over the last 46 years, these are my absolute favorites.

One&Done

·
Registered
169 Posts
Changed from Hogue wooden grips, to original style wooden inlaid rubber grips of the Super Redhawk, and GP100- I have small hands... BIG difference, even to Custom Shop setup... Having had two dozen Ruger revolvers over the last 46 years, these are my absolute favorites.
One&Done
OldPaladin, if you have time, could you post a pic of your SGP100s wearing the old style Ruger grips? I always liked how you could swap in different wood inserts on those grips. I never bought those grips, but I might for the SGP100.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Red9, I'll be seein' my daughter this weekend. I'll have her teach me how to send photos from my phone then. Sorry fer the delay...

Stay safe an' frosty...

OldPaladin1949

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boneuphtoner, the Super GP100 has the same frame as the Super Redhawk, as well as the same spring setup.

I have two Super GP100's, both in .357 magnum. I changed the hammer spring to 10lb, and the trigger spring to 8lbs. Changed from Hogue wooden grips, to original style wooden inlaid rubber grips of the Super Redhawk, and GP100- I have small hands... BIG difference, even to Custom Shop setup... Having had two dozen Ruger revolvers over the last 46 years, these are my absolute favorites.

One&Done
OldPaladin1949 many thanks for your response

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Red9, finally learned how ta post pictures to ma computer, from my phone. Also to ma avatar. Now, how do I post photo of my Thunder an' Lightnin' ta the messages?

Thanks fer yer help,

OldPaladin1949

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
This here's Thunder n' Lightnin'

Much thanks ta' Red9- a true gentleman, an' one ta ride th' river wi.

God Bless Ya an' Yers, Red9!

OldPaladin1949

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts