Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Super Redhawk and I was looking for opinions on what type of rounds I should get or stay away from for this gun.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
What type of shooting. Papaer puching any lead bullet. Self defense a light hollow point hunting heavy hollowpoint or jacketed fmj of hard cast semi wadcuttter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got a Super Redhawk and I was looking for opinions on what type of rounds I should get or stay away from for this gun.
Look at hornady. They offer from a 180gr all the way to 300gr jhp. They provide excellent results and I'm very happy with it in my. 40 and my 500 mag and my 12 gauge. If its for personal defense look at federal also. For target practice Winchester makes great target ammo

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Define your intended type of shooting.
Aside from that, there's no "best" and the Super Red will handle any commercially produced .44 Magnum load.
Denis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Generally I have 3 three types of rounds for my handguns but probably paper and hunting

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Paper, anything cheap.

Hunting, any accurate-in-your-gun hollowpoint will be fine for deer. Any premium well-constructed name brand HP or solid with a wide meplat should work for elk. For bear & larger hogs a heavier lead semi-wad configuration for deep penetration would be best, like the Federal Cast-Core or the expensive-but-worth-it Garrett solids.
Denis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts