Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a super redhawk 7.5" 44mag want to know what kind of mini reflex site and rail that would hold up to the recoil will be good target shooting at 50to100yards herd about the jpoint 4moa reflex site and good any feed back will help don't want a big site like to be a small reflex site thanks :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am wondering the same. I can hunt 1 hour before sunrise and an hour afterwards although there is no light at these times. When my rifle scopes are good to go at nearly 45 minutes after sunset, the handgun scopes are out of use.

I'm looking into red dot tubes or reflex. I've been told by another fella that shoots a Ruger 44 that he uses CMORE but he is looking into one of the Leupolds. I was ready to go with a CMORE but the Leupold looks right good.

Any comments on these? My buddy thinks the round dot 2 moa in the Leupold might be the thing.

I think both have variable light intensity which would benefit me quite a bit.

Also, I have a 9" RSB with a 3200 on it. I would leave this as is and use my 7.5"er for faster action closer up. We have piglts to hunt too, Night hunting starts about a month after deer season goes out 12/31.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm wanting a reflex but if I can't find one that I like will go with the leupold would be good for hunting but I mostly target shoot

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
The JPoint sight mount is a great optic base for red dots on Ruger DA and SA revolvers. The JPoint sight is a good product, but I like the Burris FastFire III better. Add a $7 "Jpoint to Docter" adapter to your JP base and a Burris FFIII will drop right on.

The Jpoint mount has held up to hundreds of rounds of 454C in my SRH's and thousands in 44mag SBH's. Dog will hunt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm going with a weigand rail for my new ksrh7 super redhawk 7.5'' barrel .44mag and cant decide between Burris fastfire 3 or C-more which should I go with that will stay zero with the recoil and I want one that I can cut on and off and is there any better way to mount it to the gun then the weigand rail for the redhawk I want good groups at 50 to a 100 yards please help just a target shooter no hunting need some feed back going to buy soon want to get the best I can get for target shooting thanks ya'll

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Burris FastFire III is rated to 1000 G's and they have held up well on 12ga. 3 1/2 inch mag. and .500 S&W. I have 3 of them now. Weigh less than an ounce, the size of your thumb, and good battery life.
Around $230. I believe the mount needed for Ruger scallop base is the #410332, mount is $40.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ultradot red dots and the wiegand mount will hold up ,I run them on my SRH with zero problems I have shot well over 300 hot 240 grain xtp's over 21 grains of 2400.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
The Weigatinny no-drill mount works fine, I have one on a 7.5" Redhawk with a Leupold scope, but it's rather bulky for a micro-sight like the Burris FastFire III.

The Weigand D&T mount is a better option for scoped or C-more/Ultradot mounting. It's more secure than the No-Drill version, and less bulky.

For Micro-sights, the JP is the best option.

The Burris 410332 is a solid mount, but it does ride a little higher than the JP, and of course, farther forward. For holstering, and for maximal FOV, the rear-sight position offered by the JP mount has advantages.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I love my Burris FastFire III. I have two of them with 3moa dots. I had one on a MK III Hunter since the FFIII came out.

Earlier this year I put one on my SBH Hunter using the Ruger mount. I am totally sold on it. I can hold well under 5" six shot groups at 50 yards free hand, and can keep all my shots on an 8" plate at 100 yards with it.

I managed a head shot on a doe this past Monday morning at 55 yards (all I could see was the head and front shoulder, and it was about to run away).

On the SBH the sight looks akward, but mounts in a better spot on the Super Redhawk.

I have at least 400 full power rounds down range, and have never re-tightened it or had to re-adjust anything (other than vertical changes when changing loads).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just to add fuel to the fire....I was talking to a fella yesterday about what he puts on his 1911 for Bullseye 2700 competition. He uses the Ultradot Red Dot.

I asked him why he does not use a reflex scope and he says that a tube dot scope allows for greater adjustment and is more repeatable.

Anyway, just more fuel for thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts