Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to this site, but dad gave me a Mark 1 in the 60's I've gathered up a half dozen more Rugers up thru a Super Blackhawk over the years.
My question...A circa 2000 Super Redhawk 454 Casull was recently added to my collection. Any pointers? Any thing to watch for? I've got stainless and blue, but what's up with the gray finish? Is it tuff? Any special way to care for it?

Insight would be appreciated. Thanks, mcm

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can't answer your questions but I have a Alaskan 454 and love it. I just received a Simply Rugged holster yesterday and carried it today just because I wanted to. Enjoy your 454 it is a great round.

Doyle

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I've got a 9.5" Casull with the grey finish, I clean it with good old Hoppes and it's held up fine. What barrel length do you have?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Super Redhawk 454

Thanks.
7.5" bbl.
Any reloading recomendations? mcm

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Thanks.
7.5" bbl.
Any reloading recomendations? mcm
I'm no help at the reloading bench since I don't do that yet

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have a SRH .454 7.5" and really like it. I wanted the 9.5" but it is no longer available. As far as reloading, I've been using Hornady 300 grain XTP magnum bullets and h110 powder succesfully. I'm thinking of trying Beartooth Bullets just to see how they are. This thing will easily stop a deer in its tracks.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I don't have the SRH 454 but friends that do love theirs. They practice with 45 colt ammo to save some cash. One shoots hot 45 colt reloads only. Rugers are strong revolvers get some factor loads and see how you like it and run some 45 colts too, get use to it and work up a load that you like. You can't have to many guns and if yobama has a say revolvers might be the only handguns left legal. But thats another thread lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts