Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went Bass pro shop to buy a Super Redhawk yesterday, got them down under 850.00 for it , I was checking it over when I noticed a nick by the cenlader, the sales man said must have happened when it was shipped,I said no it was shapped it the plastic box it had to be droped, agan he said no it was shipping, so I truned the gun over and under the barrel there was what look to me as a crack, but the saels man said it was a scrach from shipping so I said would you please go in the back and get another gun, he said that was the only one they had come to find out it was the display gun, so I did not buy it.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I don't think you need no Super Redhawk... that's what I'm a thinkin'.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I went Bass pro shop to buy a Super Redhawk yesterday, got them down under 850.00 for it , I was checking it over when I noticed a nick by the cenlader, the sales man said must have happened when it was shipped,I said no it was shapped it the plastic box it had to be droped, agan he said no it was shipping, so I truned the gun over and under the barrel there was what look to me as a crack, but the saels man said it was a scrach from shipping so I said would you please go in the back and get another gun, he said that was the only one they had come to find out it was the display gun, so I did not buy it.
deno56, you dodged a bullet there (no pun intended). BP will always sell the display gun when they don't have any more in stock and if you buy it you get the gun that every sales guy, and every customer and their brother, wife, kid, etc. handled. Likely it was dropped and damaged and you did well to walk away at that price. Now, if they had lowered the price to $650 as a "scratch & dent" deal then you might have had something. A nick and a scratch is OK if the price is right and if there really was a crack I'll bet Ruger would repair or replace free of charge.

BP is not my favorite place to buy a gun, if for no other reason than the fact that you can't try out the trigger and cycle the action because of their silly little plastic trigger locks.

Keep looking - there's a SRH out there for you.

Wave

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
You can get allot better prices then BP,Cabelas and Gander Mountain.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The dropped it in the store and it cracked? From just that? Nah, no way.

I had a Red Hawk and I did more things to that gun that I shall ever admit to. If they're THAT fragile I don't think they could live through a life of .44MAG recoil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts