Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... I'm thinking of picking up a new gun, and I think it may be fairly rare It's a Super Single 6, 3 screw with a 4 5/8" bbl... I've read only 200 were made with the 4 5/8" bbl, but this one doesn't fit in the ser# range that I've heard that "lot" of 200 were in (500,000 range)... Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Any ideas of the value? It's in absolutly "mint" condition. Since there are no records (that I can find) of 4 5/8" Super Single sixes, I don't know where to start? Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

· Registered
5,337 Posts
Fine looking gun there!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know, I think I've figured it out, I'm betting the owner measured the barrel from the frame, and not from the cylinder. The serial #'s say it's a 1970 Super Single Six, and that's what threw me when he told me it was a 4 5/8" barrel... If it's a 5 1/2" barrel, I guess it's worth about $250.00 -$300.00 considering the condition it's in. The guy is asking slightly more than that, and even though it's in good condition, it's sounding less like a buyer all the time... Boy, it got me all worked up when he said it was a 4 5/8" barrel...

· Registered
534 Posts
It DOES look like a 5 1/2 - incher.

A 4 5/8 - inch barrel would end at the same place as the ejector rod housing, not stick out another 7/8 inch like the one in the photo does.

· Registered
376 Posts
I have seen those grips before for sale on some grip makers website but can not recall which one as it was a while ago. They are not ivory....

Bob

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't spoke with the seller since my initial inquiry so I haven't had a chance to ask him more about the grips, or the .22WMR conversion cylinder. There was no mention of the cylinder, so I assume it is not available... Though most who've responded believe it's worth more, I seem to be leaning toward about $300.00 for a top value on this gun. It does look to be in excellent condition, but it's not too special, (other than the fact that it is an old model in very good condition) and without the cylinder I just don't see it being worth much more. At shows, I believe I've seen other examples in this range... Of course, I was much more interested and excited when I thought it was a 4 5/8" bbl... Thanks to everyone who has responded...

Merry Christmas
Gun Show Books

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.