Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't usually do this, but when you have a moment please send a prayer (or as we quaker types say "hold him in the light") for my dad, Bob Mitchell. he's having one entire shoulder joint replaced on tuesday. fairly big deal, and he'll be 81 in december. i'm pretty sure i'm more worried about it than he is, but.....

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Prayers sent, and hope for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Hope he recovers quickly...and well! Prayer is an important part of one's life!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Mr Bob, Sending you my best wishes & prayers for your surgery & recovery. ps do what the doc tells ya! ;) ArgO...deep breath & if that doesn't work...a shot of something for medicinal purposes!

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Prayers sent and I'm sure everything will be fine. Take care.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
arg0 my prayers have been sent for your Dad's successful shoulder replacement and a painless and speedy recovery. I truly hope all goes well for "both" of you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Prayers out to you and yours arg0. My dad just got done with back surgery 3 days ago so I know how tense it can get. You guys stay strong and push through it.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Sometimes I think it's harder on family than it is on the patient.
Sending good thoughts for recovery and comfort for you and your dad.

·
Registered
17,073 Posts
Prayers sent for your Dad and to guide the Doctor's hands.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My prayers join all the other here. My father is no longer with me, so cherish the time you have together. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Thoughts and prayer inbound.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I'll remember you and your dad in my prayers. Sounds like he must be in pretty good shape to find him as a candidate for this procedure at that age.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
God Bless him and carry him thru his treatment, and you thru you supporting role. Family means everything in today's world.
AL

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys (and gals)! i truly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers-- it means a lot. just got off the phone with him and he sounds highly confident. i'll know by tomorrow afternoon how things went.

yes, family is the MOST important thing, to me at least, and obviously to many of us. the good news is that if all goes well, he'll be coming down here to spend christmas with me for about a week or so. did that last christmas, too, and we just had an outstanding time hanging out together. i lost my mom coming up on two years ago, and i was as close if not closer to her, so family and time spent with them being SO important is always at the forefront of my mind, and due to distance, etc., it's a precious commodity.

thanks again everybody, and hopefully tomorrow i'll be back to give a quick thumbs up on the procedure.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dad update: surgery was longer and more complicated than previously anticipated but went fine. he's resting in his room. my stepmom is with him. his blood pressure and pulse were alarmingly low for a little while there but the docs got things back in order. things are going ok. hardest part of the battle is won. now just to get him recuperated and home safe and sound... thanks again for everyone's support and prayers!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts