Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Today was range day for me, shot NM Single Six .22 Mag., GP100 .357 Mag and my SR1911...six hours of smelling the gunsmoke bouquet finishing the day with two hours of basking in the heavenly fragrance of Hoppe's No.9 with a spritzing of Rem-Oil...today was a good day! :D

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I love the smell of Hoppe's because it reminds me of being a kid and cleaning my grandfather's rifles on a Saturday night... while watching Gunsmoke on TV with him.

Add a winter night and the fireplace going and it is one of those truly wonderful memories.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My hobbyroom smells like cosmoline, oil and leather. I like the smell of it but my wife doesn't.
It's your own "Keep Out" sign isn't it? :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
I use WD40 as an underarm deodorant...:D
Now I know I'm not alone! Fellow classmates look at me weird when I do that after gym class, I'll tell them it's normal now! :D

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Aaaahhh the sweet smell of Hoppes after a days burning powder whilst having a quiet beer in the gun room.......i dont know if anybody here uses G96 but if there's one oil/solvent that aroma wise even surpasses the mighty Hoppes it would be G96.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.