Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the smell of Hoppes No.9 If they made a non toxic version in a Cologne, I think I would wear it.

Any takers?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Today was range day for me, shot NM Single Six .22 Mag., GP100 .357 Mag and my SR1911...six hours of smelling the gunsmoke bouquet finishing the day with two hours of basking in the heavenly fragrance of Hoppe's No.9 with a spritzing of Rem-Oil...today was a good day! :D

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I love the smell of Hoppe's because it reminds me of being a kid and cleaning my grandfather's rifles on a Saturday night... while watching Gunsmoke on TV with him.

Add a winter night and the fireplace going and it is one of those truly wonderful memories.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I must be the odd one as I don't like the smell of Hoppes No 9.
A lot of folks really don't like the smell of Ballistol, but now I've learned to like it. It gives my workshop a nice fragrance...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thank you BearcatShack, my son and I thought we were a little odd for liking it. Hoppes, or many others bring back fond memorys, Eezox is also nice.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I use WD40 as an underarm deodorant...:D
Now I know I'm not alone! Fellow classmates look at me weird when I do that after gym class, I'll tell them it's normal now! :D

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Aaaahhh the sweet smell of Hoppes after a days burning powder whilst having a quiet beer in the gun room.......i dont know if anybody here uses G96 but if there's one oil/solvent that aroma wise even surpasses the mighty Hoppes it would be G96.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts