Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used DAO 2.25" a few weeks ago and finally got it to the range last Wednesday. It's amazingly accurate to be so small. I did run into an issue with the cylinder sticking while shooting and could not find a reason for it until I got home and took apart for a good cleaning.
The part of the frame where the back portion of the cartridge slides when the cylinder rotates (sorry I don't know the proper terminology) had a very sharp edge and a couple of burs. I was able to clean this area up with a polishing wheel on the dremel.
Also found way too much lube/grease in the trigger assembly and cleaned that up as well. There may have been debri in that mess causing the sticking.
Took advantage of having it apart and polished the sear and hammer too.
Now can't wait to try it out again.
Here's a pick of it with Mama and Poppa.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What kind of grip did you have on the middle one?
Looks like an older Lett to me. You can get the same style from Altamont, Chiggs, or even Ruger.com now and there are lots of different inserts available.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
nice gun(s) and photography!

·
Registered
72 Posts
No, completely different size.
Actually you both are right. The Gp100 compact grips use the same inserts as the Sp101. Only the full size Gp100 grips are different. Very nice guns by the way. I really really like the way the 3" gp looks with those compacts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually you both are right. The Gp100 compact grips use the same inserts as the Sp101. Only the full size Gp100 grips are different. Very nice guns by the way. I really really like the way the 3" gp looks with those compacts.
Thanks, I didn't know that.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
But, make sure the SP101 - GP compact sized panels are drilled for the locator pin if you want to use SP101 panels in a Lett compact GP100 grip.

I bought some Chigs grips years ago for an SP101, then wanted to use them in a GP100 compact grip........but I realized there were no locator pin holes:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But, make sure the SP101 - GP compact sized panels are drilled for the locator pin if you want to use SP101 panels in a Lett compact GP100 grip.

I bought some Chigs grips years ago for an SP101, then wanted to use them in a GP100 compact grip........but I realized there were no locator pin holes:)
I'm kinda handy with tools and plan on making matching panels for all 3.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

If you're ordering for a GP, Chig will drill the holes at no charge.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts