Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taco Cabana has decided to post 30.06 signs in their Texas resturants. The reasoning is that the store chain wants to protect the customers and they feel the best way is to restrict law abiding citizens from carring their licenced weapon into a Taco Cabana.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think all Texans should do what I'm going to-call every Taco Cabana in the area and notify them that I'm going to take my money to restaurants where I can have a say in my family's safety-and that they're mistaken-empty restaurants don't insure safety...they make them more vulnerable to robbery.....just went to their corporate website and politely told them that I and my approximately 256,000 other Texas permit holders would take our money and families elsewhere and that I hoped the sparsely populated dining rooms didn't encourage the armed robbers lurking outside....very politely...we'll see what, if any, the response will be!

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have Taco Cabana in Oklahoma. The good thing about Ok. is that we don't have laws about signs and the law clearly states where you can't carry. So as long as my gun is concealed no one has to know I'm carrying.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mav, I've carried in Tx. for years w/o a permit, but when they legally post and I ignore it-if I have to use it I lose it-I've never been spotted carrying, either, but the chances of needing to use it grow daily and I'd not want the criminal record and loss of permit...too many places to spend my money to risk my a** because of their ignorant attitude.

·
Registered
540 Posts
This is the same, stupid mentality/logic that the Roanoke Times exhibited when they put all 135,000+ VA CPL holders names and addresses online.

They can't comprehend the thought of good people using guns for good purposes. And they are COMPLETELY in the dark as to the true meaning of the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Bingo-they can't admit the need-can't rise to it-can't face the fear of what goes bump in the night-while we take gun in one hand, light in the other, and go put our fears to rest-they live in a sad world that believes if you don't talk about it it doesn't exist....and when it rears its ugly head, they'll run to our house....that's the way it's always been...

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I carry just about everywhere. I ignore the No Firearms signs shops post.

For one simple reason:
I carry to protect myself, not your shop.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Unless strictly forbiiden by law in Ky such as police stations, courthouses, schools etc., I just ignore the signs. My bank has had one for a few years but I figure that's for those who might want to rob them as has happened a few times in the last 3 or 4 years.:)
Baker

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
The only place I don't carry is where I know there will be armed police/security guards.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I delegate my responsibility for my own safety and my family's to noone...even in the courthouse or judges' offices, where carry is verboten, I don't count on anyone but me...and we need to think that way for so many who are armed in those places are asleep at the switch and think "Not HERE." or "They won't try it with me here." Both are false thinking today...trust God and your own abilities...you may have official help-he may be the first to drop and that's the sad truth.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I feel the same way, but if I get caught carrying in a courthouse/school I can get a ding on my criminal record, and that would make buying guns difficult in the future. Your ex-LEO so they are more likely to brush it off.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No, no-that's not what I said...I did NOT say I'd CARRY there-I said that I wouldn't rely on the armed officer or scty guard for protection-I'd be alert and have a plan to work out if the unthinkable happened...and that may or may not include the fallen officer's weapons-it might be a chair or table-but it would be SOMETHING...and if the official could help-fine-if not, I'd still be moving and not sit looking for him to handle it...and they'd hang me higher if I got caught violating the prohibition than you-I know better-no slack expected and probably none given-but I am a Marine as well as ex-LEO---I am better armed than most folks who are carrying a permitted weapon...my brain and body are trained to handle things...and I want to tell you-RNettles' pic of me as couch potato is real close...I'm an old fat grey-haired guy...who isn't having any, thank you very much...and not a victim...and every man on this forum can develop that mindset ...and the presence of a gun is secondary and may not even be necessary...Semper Fi!!!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

...I am better armed than most folks who are carrying a permitted weapon...my brain and body are trained to handle things...and I want to tell you-RNettles' pic of me as couch potato is real close...I'm an old fat grey-haired guy...who isn't having any, thank you very much...and not a victim...and every man on this forum can develop that mindset ...and the presence of a gun is secondary and may not even be necessary...Semper Fi!!!
I personally have never been in the armed forces and have not been a LEO either, yet I have learned to be prepared for anything in this life. I have not operated as a victim, and don't know how to, so a firearm is a secondary consideration or option for me. Also, I am one bear of a man, and I guess that has always been a part of the self defense equation. A lot of people just don't get when I say that I enjoy shooting and that the CCW is not of a primary concern for me, although age has me considering it more and more.
I also understand why a lot of martial artist avoid using firearms, it seems to allow one to become dependent on it as the first answer.
Some people should depend on a .45's stopping power, I came equipped from above with a few stoppers naturally. I read the scenario's about someone twenty feet away with a knife and how fast they could approach and due harm and that one must put the Mozambique on 'em in a certain amount of seconds. Most people unless seriously deranged are going to have serious thoughts and reservations about coming at me with anything but some serious firepower. I am just not the guy you would think Hmmm... maybe I'll rob him. I think most would lock their ownselves up first before trying that. Just a fact jack.

peace

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm a bear, too.... a big, harmless-looking teddy bear-just don't mess wit my hunney pot or you'll be wishin' it'd been a beehive....

·
Registered
113 Posts
I contacted Taco Cabana and they have a holier than thou attitude. They say they realize that licensed handgun carriers are better prepared to handle a firearm but they wish to protect their customers and employees. my answer to that was fine now only the criminals who come into your establishment will be armed. I have not had a response to that statement.[}:)]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup, their female chief legal counsel in San Antonio who could be an illegal emailed me back that they think it's for all our best and their safety-bestseller92 had a word for them in another thread but I ain't gonna say it on Sunday....love the way you expressed it but it never made it to the brain-they thought you were agreeing with them...oh, well,-in Tx.---we DO have another choice or two. I got places to eat Mexican food where we ALL carry guns and park our horses at the next table-or they won't be there when we're done eatin'......who needs Taco Banana.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On one of the other forums an interesting development. Taco Cabana has taken down the 30.06 signs. Now there are signs regarding the unlawful carry of guns. If this is true, chock one up for the good guys.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Taco Cabana on Camp Bowie in West Fort Worth still has the 30.06 signs posted. I will check again tomorrow.:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts