Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have this...or any...slip on muzzle brake on their bull barrel 10/22...???

I should not I have had a slip on muzzle brake on SKS for over a decade and it is fabulous...it helped accuracy if anything...and the muzzle does not flip...it pushes straight bake...gently...very nice...but it is not a 22...and it is not aluminum...

M110™ MUZZLE BRAKE FOR 10/22® BULL BARRELS * No Threading

I have a Tactical Solutions aluminum barrel and use primarily high and hyper velocity ammo in it and wondering how well this brake controls the muzzle flip and how it affects accuracy...

It is aluminum and light weight and the price is reasonable...definitely tempted to get one...

Would love to hear from someone with an aluminum barrel especially...

TIA
ZG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone have this...or any...slip on muzzle brake on their bull barrel...???

M110™ MUZZLE BRAKE FOR 10/22® BULL BARRELS * No Threading

I have a Tactical Solutions aluminum barrel and use primarily high and hyper velocity ammo in it and wondering how well this brake controls the muzzle flip and how it affects accuracy...

It is aluminum and light weight and the price is reasonable...definitely tempted to get one...

Would love to hear from someone with an aluminum barrel especially...

TIA
ZG
Muzzle flip on a 22?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am skeptical about the performance of that one...

My impression is that they made it to "look" cool and not for function...

The VQ I am sure is way better and completely different...and 4x the cost...

If someone with an aluminum barrel using HV ammo has used this thing that would be great to hear from them...

I won't be the one to test it to find out...I will make my own first...on the other hand...if someone has gotten really good results with an aluminum barrel I would try it for the price since I can adapt my sight system to it...it would be easy for me to modify...and if it works well I would buy it instead of making my own...if I make one it will more resemble the ones I have seen/have that I know work well and were not made for show...

·
Banned
650 Posts
I have a muzzle brake on my 10/22 I picked up on ebay for $15. It does nothing that I have noticed. We are talking about a 22 LR, not that I need help with muzzle flip or managing recoil. But when I am out in the field it does prevent the barrel from getting stuffed full of mud and other debris. I am also sure it protects the muzzle crown from getting dinged up. Protecting the muzzle crown is an issue for me. My safe is stuffed full. I have to be creative to get all my guns in the safe.

This looks exactly like what I got on ebay: http://www.tacticalinc.com/10220174...p-1738.html?osCsid=ec4q7cv3kc8aa36fsvp99oakv2

If you decide to buy the muzzle brake get a wooden dowel that is fairly tight in the barrel. Insert the dowel into the barrel with enough extending to align the muzzle brake. Then tighten the set screws. You don't want any pieces of bullet coming back at you or hitting bystanders.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...I appreciate the inputs regarding flash hiders and other products but you guys are missing the point altogether...My fault as I was not clear enough...

As for muzzle flip on a 22...anyone with a steel barrel does not have a clue how much the muzzle moves with an aluminum barrel...night and day difference...especially with high and hyper velocity ammo which is what I use...

The flip is absolutely enough to delay target acquisition but more importantly there is a theoretical basis for a well engineered muzzle brake improving accuracy...the key is well engineered...I am reasonably certain the Volquartzen is both effective and accurate but also cost a lot...I am more inclined to make my own than to buy one...

TI sells that M110 brake but it is not their exclusive product and I really don't know if it is a well engineered product or not...

It does NOT look similar to ones I KNOW FOR A FACT are effective and accurate but I am not one to ASSUME is is not both effective and accurate...especially with my TacSol ALUMINUM barrel...

The muzzle brake on my SKS dramatically improved the group size at 100 yards from a rest... 4.5" w/o... 1.5" with... 1" if you don't count the first (cold barrel) shot...and the amount of barrel rise was cut by like 90% at least...before it jumped off target big time...now it almost stays right on...almost like a 22...it pushes straight back...that is what I want on my 10/22...push straight back...not flip off to the side...with improved groups at 100 yards...

So if I can get similar results on my TacSol barrel with a brake that would be

If anyone with a Tactical Solutions ALUMINUM barrel has tried the M110 brake please let me know...

Actually I would be equally interested in the VQ or other brand on same barrel...would be interested in hearing from those with Whistle Pig barrels with the compensator cut into the muzzle from the factory...the reason I didn't get one of those is because SBS rules don't allow brakes...therefore mine would need to be removable...I should have gotten the threaded option on mine but they were hard to find at the time...oh well...

Thanks,
ZG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts