Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. For target shooting for now, comments on scopes you have used. Thanks. Picked up a second Mini-14.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not really a tacticool scope, but I've been happy with my Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm on my mini-ranch. It is great for target shooting from a rest (I take a Vanguard porta-aim rest to the range and use that with the scoped ranch rifle), or for hunting.

I do know I would not want anything bigger on a mini-14 though - the VX-2 is about as big a scope as I'd want. It sits high enough I did need a cheek rest, but the Ruger store sells a SPEC-OPS adjustable padded cheek rest that fits the mini like it was made just for that one rifle and has worked out perfect for me with the scope.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GWNorth.

Have a 3-9X on the ranch rifle. Have some spare typical scopes in lower magnification and a 4-10X, and a red dot kicking around in inventory.

Not sure yet what will put on the tactical. Will see what others say too.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Love the scope. It is a Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40 side focus matte with mildot. Being up higher on see through rings, brass no longer hits the scope which killed the first nikon. Thank goodness for warrenties and replacement programs. My old eyes need the added power.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just purchased a 3x9x40 Vortex Crossfire II for my Mini 30. Great scope, crystal clear view.

·
Registered
719 Posts
See Link: TRUGLO 2x42 Red and Green Dot Sight Multi Reticle Black

I ordered one of these from my local gun store, a TRUGLO 2x42 Red and Green Dot Sight Multi Reticle Scope that will be here in a week or so, for my Mini 14 that will be mounted on an Amega Ranges Mini ScoutMount III rail mount that I got about a week ago, (VERY NICE MOUNT RAIL system)... :)

See Link: Amega Mounts Home page

I 'll have to let yall know how it all turns out in a few weeks... ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No real update. Have not added anything to the tactical Mini-14 yet. Added pop up sights and reflex red dot on a quick release rail mount on optics-ready AR first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts