Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. What team has won more NL pennants than any other?

Philadelphia Phillies

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants

St. Louis Cardinals

2. Who hit "the shot heard round the world," the walk-off home run that won the 1951 National League Pennant for the New York Giants at the Polo Grounds?

Gil Hodges

Willie Mays

Bobby Thomson

Ralph Branca

3. What is the only team to have switched leagues without switching cities?

Colorado Rockies

Minnesota Twins

Tampa Bay Rays

Milwaukee Brewers

4. Which of these Hall of Famers was the only person to strike out four times in an All-Star Game?

Mickey Mantle

Lou Gehrig

Roberto Clemente

Ted Williams

5. Which of the following is NOT a stadium where major league baseball is played?

PNC Park

Bank of America Park

Citi Field

Chase Field

6. What player holds the record for having the highest on-base percentage at .482?

Babe Ruth

Lou Gehrig

Ted Williams

Barry Bonds

http://www.whattheq.com/baseball-trivia

·
Registered
241 Posts

Cardinals

2. Who hit "the shot heard round the world," the walk-off home run that won the 1951 National League Pennant for the New York Giants at the Polo Grounds?

Bobby Thompson

Milwaukee Brewers (add the Houston Astros to this next season)

4. Which of these Hall of Famers was the only person to strike out four times in an All-Star Game?

Ted Willliams

5. Which of the following is NOT a stadium where major league baseball is played?

Chase Field

6. What player holds the record for having the highest on-base percentage at .482?
Bonds

·
Registered
342 Posts
what year did tv start using the pitcher box to show people a strike or ball?

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
You gotta be older than dirt to get those questions right. And I'm a baseball fan. lmao

·
Super Moderator
22,046 Posts
My guesses

Philadelphia Phillies

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants

St. Louis Cardinals

Gil Hodges

Willie Mays

Bobby Thomson

Ralph Branca

Colorado Rockies

Minnesota Twins

Tampa Bay Rays

Milwaukee Brewers

Mickey Mantle

Lou Gehrig

Roberto Clemente

Ted Williams

PNC Park

Bank of America Park

Citi Field

Chase Field

Babe Ruth

Lou Gehrig

Ted Williams

Barry Bonds

Baseball Trivia Quiz - Baseball Trivia

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You gotta be older than dirt to get those questions right. And I'm a baseball fan. lmao
Most were even before my time, or the time of TV for that matter. The first year I really followed baseball was the summer of 1961. Anyone remember that year in baseball?

·
Super Moderator
22,046 Posts
Most were even before my time, or the time of TV for that matter. The first year I really followed baseball was the summer of 1961. Anyone remember that year in baseball?
I think it was Reds vrs the Yankees and the Red Sox stunk.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it was Reds vrs the Yankees and the Red Sox stunk.
Yep, but most important it was the summer of home runs. I remember grabbing the sports section out of the paper each morning to see how many home runs Mickey Mantle had hit the day before. I visited his hometown of Commerce, Oklahoma two years ago and saw the house he grew up in. The summer of 61 the M & M boys were slugging it out for the most home runs. Mantle led Maris most of the year but Maris had a late surge of HR's.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think you have to be that old to know the questions.

The Cardinals just won a World Series last year and there was all kinds of talk about them having the most NL Pennents.

The Brewers left the AL only 10 years ago.

The 'Shot Heard Round the World' is one of, if not the most, famous scenes in baseball history.

The question about the ballparks applies to today's game.

Well...the other two questions about the all-star strikeouts and the on base percentage were kind of hard.

·
Registered
342 Posts
how many of you knew that the polo grounds where the giants played in nyc is where american trap shooting began?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts