Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday morning Stan and I hit the ol' range. Since my last visit to the range, I bought three new "Marks", a Mark I (Thanks Rugerguy!), a Mark II and a '72 Ruger RST. I setup a couple water bottles at 15' and a couple at 25'. I first started out with the '72 Ruger RST. Loaded a mag, and capped off the 8 rds at the 15' bottles I hit a bottle about every other shot. The RST's trigger pull was decent, and the pistol shot quite well.
Next up was the Mark I, I bought off RugerGuy. Knowing there could be some incompatibility with the magazines, I decided to use the magazines I bought with the gun. As I went to load the Mark I's magazine, I noticed some damage on the mag that prevented loading. So I used the RSTs magazine instead. The Mark I shot slightly better than the RST. I was hitting shotgun shells at 15' instead of water bottles. Not bad :)
Next up was the 50th anniv Mark II. Just loading the pistol and the general handling of the gun I seen quite an improvement over the last two. The trigger pull was much smoother and the recoil handling was much better. I actually reloading a few times before moving on to the next pistol. :D
Last on the list was the Mark III Hunter. Umm... all I can say is there is no comparison. I took me a bit to get use to the "V" rear site. But once I got it down, I was hitting the 25' water bottles with every shot. The trigger pull was outstanding, recoil handling was immaculate. Kudos to Ruger! Me hat is off to you. Well done!

I don't know if this is true for all the Mark IIIs, but if you haven't shot a Ruger Mark III hunter you are missing out. It's one outstanding pistol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Keith, sounds like a great day at the range. A guy at work has a Mark
11 that he might sell me for $250. It is supposedly a mid80's blued 5 inch tampered barrel. What do you think of the price?
Supposed to be in the 60's or 70's this weekend. RANGE TRIP!
Have a great day.Mongo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the info. I knew the Mark 111 prices, what you quoted is comparable to the local Gander Mtn.I didn't know about the Mark 11 cause no one arounds here who has one will sell it, except this guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts