Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this Covid 19 just keeps sucking the life right out of me, I've been keeping an eye on when the state run ranges would open up. Well here's the answer I've been looking for ... I used to get there at 9am and shoot till 5pm ... not any longer, read the article to get the full agonizing details ...

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea me to ... I was so looking forward to a whole day of shooting ... I used to take 3 rifles and a few pistols now I'll be lucky to get one rifle shot ...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That sucks. I belong to a private gun club and all they have asked is that people space themselves out at the range.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I belong to a private club also. Now it's sign in required. Social distancing, and must wear a mask at all times. I guess this is the so called new normal.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
At least your State range is going to open. The Delaware Ohio range has been closed a couple years (or longer) and might not ever re-open. Aggravating as heck because I have rifle reloads I need to test and need a 100 range. Deer Creek is about an hour away. I miss long days at the public range. Good luck, I miss packing sandwiches, snacks and couple bottles of water. (Maybe a cigar) Now I’m getting depressed again. Wish it would at least stop raining.

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least your State range is going to open. The Delaware Ohio range has been closed a couple years (or longer) and might not ever re-open. Aggravating as heck because I have rifle reloads I need to test and need a 100 range. Deer Creek is about an hour away. I miss long days at the public range. Good luck, I miss packing sandwiches, snacks and couple bottles of water. (Maybe a cigar) Now I’m getting depressed again. Wish it would at least stop raining.
rugerfan ... I feel your pain. Grand River is my place and it's about 85 min away, that's why i stay as long as i can. I was at Delaware once before it wad closed ... it stopped raining long enough today for me to get the grass cut ...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
My private club is open with a just don’t be stupid rule which is fine.

The indoor range ten minutes from work where I sneak to for lunch sometime is full on crazy stupid. And yes, I still abide by their rules cause I want to shoot. It is face mask on 100% of the time and every other lane by reservation only. So....what is the point of that from a common sense perspective when to top it all off, the air flow and air handling unit is strong enough that they have no lead restrictions on ammo and it all gets vented outside. Oh; and yea, when I walked in none of the employees were wearing masks, just required for the range. But again, I got to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the indoor range that is 10 min from my house is being safe JUST NOT over the top crazy. Some things we take for granted ...

·
Registered
917 Posts
The range/gun shop that I belong to just went back to normal hours June22nd. However the indoor gun range is not open yet. New Jersey governor Phil Murphy is a idiot on his better days.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just read a news article that on July 2,2020 indoor ranges, arcades,movie houses may reopen with 25 percent capacity.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Was just out at our outdoor range today with my wife. All good and and had a great shooting session. No restrictions. Out doors is where you want to be anyway. Get some fresh air with a little gun smoke mixed in! Really think in places there is a big 'over' reaction.

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was just out at our outdoor range today with my wife. All good and and had a great shooting session. No restrictions. Out doors is where you want to be anyway. Get some fresh air with a little gun smoke mixed in! Really think in places there is a big 'over' reaction.
Agreed, outdoor range is the place to be. However, the outdoor range I go to (run by ODNR) is so tight with restrictions it's almost not enjoyable ...

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,650 Posts
Good day at the range with the wife is a good day!
We have a good indoor and outdoor range at our club but the other local ranges are getting fewer and farther in between. Since things opened back up I have had good luck getting out for practice at our club but all other ranges are a nightmare to get to and a mess when you get there. You would think with ODNR and others in Ohio they would put some resources to a good safe area outside to allow citizens to shoot without so many restrictions. Rules are ok and help make it safe but to not have any access at all is not good. Central Ohio has plenty of land that could be used for a safe public range. Hopefully the climate changes and someone will open back up or start a new venue. Tough times to be in the LGS/Range business. Sorry for the rant!

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good day at the range with the wife is a good day!
We have a good indoor and outdoor range at our club but the other local ranges are getting fewer and farther in between. Since things opened back up I have had good luck getting out for practice at our club but all other ranges are a nightmare to get to and a mess when you get there. You would think with ODNR and others in Ohio they would put some resources to a good safe area outside to allow citizens to shoot without so many restrictions. Rules are ok and help make it safe but to not have any access at all is not good. Central Ohio has plenty of land that could be used for a safe public range. Hopefully the climate changes and someone will open back up or start a new venue. Tough times to be in the LGS/Range business. Sorry for the rant!
Yea bad time for range owners. At the ODNR I go to it cost me $5 to shoot from 9am till 5pm, all I had to do was show up. Now I need a reservation and the time limit is 70 minutes as I recall.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My son lives in Ohio and he has taken me to a range up in Centerburg Ohio to shoot when I visit him. It is a real nice range, private membership only I believe.
Here in Iowa the state range near me is open.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts