Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(We all know talks cheap, just listen to any politician. What I am wondering about, has anybody ever talked you out of gun you later wished you hadn't sold? It's happened to [:eek:)]me a couple of times. I had a Blackhawk in .44 mag one time.:(I let a hunting buddy talk me out of that one.[xx(]Sure wish I had it today[B)].
Has this happen to you[^][?][^].

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Had a Speed Six 4" SS in .357-action like butter-bobbed hammer-Pachmayr grips-got in a tight and sold it to someone who'd been robbed in his drugstore-of all the gone ones I miss that one the most.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have traded off guns that I wish I had kept. Since I like most guns, I do very little trading or selling. Right now I don't have a gun that I would want to sell or trade. I have found that the only way I can sell or trade and not regret it is to get another gun of the same type that I like better and then sell or trade one.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My brother talked me out of a S & W model 10 .38 with light barrel. I really missed that gun but a few years ago I found a used one in great shape. There were three of them from the Hong Kong P.D. and two were beat up but this one looked new, of course I grabbed it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No one ever talked me into selling a gun but I do have one that I sold on my own without any encouragement fron anyone. Back in the mid-70's I sold my Winchester 88 lever action in 243 Win. It was a beautiful rifle with the basketweave stock. Regretted selling it the very next day and still do today:(

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I guess the worse case of someone doing this to me was several years ago at a gun show in Somerset, KY. I had a Ruger Mini 14 with a camo laminated stock (came that way from the factory). I had a guy after me as soon as I walked in the door. Did not want to pay me what I was asking for it. Had a used Super Redhawk he wanted to trade me. I was not interested in it. He asked me about a dozen more times. Tried trading me several different guns I did not want. Finally offered to trade me a brand new stainless GP100 and $50.00 cash. I guess he finally wore me down! I have regretted it ever since. As a matter of fact, I regretted even bringing the dang gun to the show. They did not make many of them like that.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I once had a beautiful Winchester 101 o/u in 20 gauge. It was the only shotgun I ever had that I could outshoot my hunting buddy with. I only paid $200 for it which was cheap even back in the late 60's. He just had to have it. I sold it to him for $250 and now it's probably worth 5 times that much.
Tom

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not yet and probably never will! Thats one thing my wife cant stand about me! I NEVER SELL ANYTHING! Im what you would call a pack rat, doesnt matter what it is I will never get rid of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts