Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Talo 10/22 M1. Beautiful rifle. The walnut stock has at least a 2x burl in the graon. Shoots great. Replaced the clunky 15 Rd mag with a stock 10 round. Hope to post pictures soon. Anyone else have one? How do you like it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one and hope the OP doesnt mind me jumping in and posting pics. Believe it.or not,.mine is my first ever 10/22! I LOVE M1 carbines and had half a mind to turn a 10/22 into an M1. As providence would have it, I walked into my LGS and saw this for $314 and didnt bat an eye buying it. I have fired it less than 50 times, so I have no real opinion of it other than it looks cool. Im debating on sanding and finishing the VERY minimally finished factory stock. I carried it once scouting a new hunting lease here in GA a few weeks ago in the 90 degree heat and my swaet raised the wood grain a tad from being slung across my sweaty back. Ha!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Dang guys give me a break, just about the time I thought I had enough Ruger 10-22's with a standard 10-22 and then the International, now you come up with a M-1 Carbine version. When is it going to stop? I got to have one.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I purchased one a few months ago. I had to do some sanding to get a GI sling and oiler to fit. I then sealed the stock with some linseed oil. A local dealer had two in stock, the one I bought also had semi fancy walnut, while the other's walnut stock was plain Jane as could be. Seems to be a good shooter, but I wish they had put a more realistic M1 carbine rear site on the rear instead of the mini 14 peep site. I am not a 10/22 fan preferring bolt and lever action .22s, but I have to admit that the carbine replica has become my favorite 10/22 over several others I have. Feels a lot like my Winchester M-1 carbine except for the lesser recoil of course. Fun Rifle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice looking carbine but I would at the very least treat the wood with linseed oil. It would "look" even better with a box magazine but I guess most of your extended mags for the 10/22 are curved.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
It would "look" even better with a box magazine but I guess most of your extended mags for the 10/22 are curved.
I have seen some mags online that are a Ruger 10/22 10-round magazine with a "false" box attached to the bottom. When it is inserted it looks like the original M-1 carbine 15-round mag.

I don't remember where I saw those, but a Google search should turn them up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have seen some mags online that are a Ruger 10/22 10-round magazine with a "false" box attached to the bottom. When it is inserted it looks like the original M-1 carbine 15-round mag.

I don't remember where I saw those, but a Google search should turn them up.
Here's one source:

http://www.eabco.net/Dummy-Stick-Magazine-Conversion-for-Ruger-1022_p_14182.html

They also sell a M1 carbine replacement stock if you want to convert an existing 10/22.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased one about a week ago and it arrived today.

The stock seems unfinished. I will be looking at that.

There's no sling, no oiler. So, I'll need to find a 1" M1 sling with oiler.

The rear sight is plastic. Not happy about that. The front sight is a banded blade sight. I'll be looking at replacing with Tech Sights.

Not yet fired, but so far, other than the above, quite impressed.

·
Registered
315 Posts

this is my WW collection of kits for the 10/22
wow, can you post data where those kits come from? That would be sweet to buy a few cheap used ones and convert them...

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Carbine is from EA Brown(eabco), the Thompson is from 1022fungun. The folder, I don't remember, could have been eabco also.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Why not just buy a real M1 Carbine? They're really fun guns. Here's my two guns.

I tried to buy one of those "Thompson" kits for a 10/22 but the guy said they are out of them and didn't know if or when they would have any more. That was about 6 or 7 months ago.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why not just buy a real M1 Carbine? They're really fun guns. Here's my two guns.

I tried to buy one of those "Thompson" kits for a 10/22 but the guy said they are out of them and didn't know if or when they would have any more. That was about 6 or 7 months ago.

They're expensive and not easy to come by near me. And ammo is lot more expensive than .22

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just picked up a new 1022 m1 clone. It was not as nice a piece of wood as I hoped .It was darker than I thought it would be, but it fits as well as any stock has. A little Johnsons paste wax gave it a much nicer finish.I brought it home and disassembled cleaned and lubed properly honed off any high spots. Added auto bolt release. The action feels just like the last one so I have a good feeling about it. The trigger was smoother than the last one. The sights are good for my eyes, the rear acts as a ghost ring and the front sight blade is clear. I had pre-ordered a sling and oiler from Numrich arms and it fit perfectly and looks correct on the gun.I think I will like this one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just came back from shooting for first time. I tried several different ammo brands and had no failures of any kind I used two new mags and two old. I was disappointed that I could not use the sights the front sight is nice and clear but my eyes are so bad the rear even as a ghost ring kept me shifting point of aim. It drove me crazy trying to zero in the rear sight before I figured out the problem was me not the sight, my friend could see them clearly. Now I have to put a scope on it I was hoping not to. I am disappointed with the finish on the stock I would advise others to build their own as the stocks from the other companies are nicer. However it is only wood and can be sanded and refinished or custom painted. I does seem to be group shots nicely and I did enjoy shooting it.
Now let the customizing begin.

·
Registered
172 Posts

these are like the one I was issued when I was in the US Army...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts