Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i just picked up a cerakote sliver lcp 2. I haven't shot it yet so I maybe jumping the gun but I was checking out talon rubber grips. Anyone have them how do you like them? Do they interfere with kydex iwb holsters or pocket carrying? Also would the adhesive hurt the cerakote it i don't like them and decided to take them off? Thank you

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
Just my thoughts.
Take some time to clean and lube. Get some good ammo and test the firearm at the range a couple of times. Clean the LCP and care for it. Get to know it and then decide. It is up to you but take your time. Talon/Pachmayr/Hogue...
*I liked the grips as is but put the Hogue Beavertail Grip on mine. Made a good grip even better. We have the Talon grips on another and they work great as well. They do not interfere with our Kydex holster.
*The tape on these finishes did not leave any marks but I had to put a second tape job on the one. It came off after 2 trips to the range. For the price they are not the best finish anyway. Not sure how it will be with your finish.
*No interference with pocket carry in the Ruger soft holster. The Hogue grip does fit snug in our cheap Kydex Patton holster but just got it and working it out now.
*Good luck with your choices and have fun. I am glad I put the grips on now. Makes for a good solid grip.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I have Talon rubber grips on most of my guns, including my LCP II. They work very well, but you have to follow the directions carefully or they won't stay on. The ones on my Glock 26 have been on for more than 2 years and 2500 rounds, and they look like new.

The LCP II is a very jumpy little gun, and the Talon grips make a big difference. The Hogue grip works better IMO, but it adds considerable width which defeats the purpose of this gun, at least for me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've put the rubber Talon grips on several pistols and really like the feel/grip. Easy to install. I do clean the gun at least twice with alcohol first. Trickiest part is getting the backing off the Talon grip (I use an xacto knife to get it started). Once the grip is on; I use my wife's hair dryer to warm everything up and then press everything tightly.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have had the rubber Talons since the LCP II came out and Talon made the tape for them. Still I decided to put a Hogue slip on (Handsall) sleeve over the Talons. Not much of the Talons showing now nut still useful, I like the combo.

I just removed some granulated tape from a G-33 and a XDS. I wanted to replace with the new pebbled tape. The old tape had been on the G-33 for more than three years and the XDS for seven. The XDS was worn and torn, but still worked remarkably well. They came off okay but left some residue. I used Goo Gone to remove most of the residue., but not all, I then used a larger alcohol swab to clean the guns and then applied the new pebbled tape. I used a 1500 W hair dryer like Talon said and the new ones seem great.

I like the granulated (like sandpaper) real well as I think I could retain a good grip in a downpour. The Pebbled seems goo as the granulated, but a little more hand friendly. My wife demands rubberized.

Lot of gun, lots of Talons.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have the Talon Grip Rubber Tape on my Shield and SR9E . The Shield is my daily cary with a Jel Tech IWB KYDEX Holster ! Love the Talon and no issue with Kydex ! From all I read the sand paper type is a bit too rough for most and may snag /drag a bit ! Big key is follow directions

I did not like the Hogue grip as it felt too bulky to me !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts