Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum but was curious about a few things. I have a mini-14, 582 series and bought a new Tapco intrafusion stock. I was wondering if I needed the extra fore-end support piece?
Whe I bought the rifle it had the wood stock on it. I changed it out and everything works fine. A friend of mine said that I need this piece as well and I wanna see if he was telling the truth or just feeding me a line of BS.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Are you asking about the vertical hand grip that attachs to the 'plastic' forearm supplied by TAPCO?

I believe that is an "optional" device for those who like that sort of hand-hold. I have a Saiga 12 GA with the Tapco T-6 kit and I prefer the horizontal forearm, as a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you transferred all of your metal to the new stock, you're good to go!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Again, if the insert & magwell metal parts were transferred then you are good to go....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir,,I switched all that over tonight and everything seems a bit more snug. Had to file and smooth a few rough spots but other than that it was easy to do. Next up is to loc-tite all the mounting screws on my UTG scout rail/scope mount and the Tru-Glo red dot.
I have decided that the mini is like an old Harley,,,fun to ride but you better carry a wrench because you have to tighten every bolt at every red light.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What was negative about the Tapco?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Tapco doesn't have a pistol grip for smaller hands. I like the ones offered by ATI. And after talking with Tapco they basically told me there was nothing they could do for me. They don't have switchable grips and no aftermarket one would work on their stock. I was also told that they didn't feel the need to spend thousands of dollars to design one that would work only to sell a few. Plus their stocks only come with two rails (one top and one bottom) to mount accessories with no way to add any to the sides of the stock. My main complaint was with the front verticle fore grip coming loose after a few rounds were fired. I was willing to overlook that issue until I was met with the rudeness of the customer service about the rest of the stock. Just sad that i have had it less than a month and am ready to sell it. First reasonable offer to come along and its gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.