Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're at Target yesterday, near the registers, and I hear this flurry of frantic conversation. I direct my attention toward it and there's this woman complaining loudly. I picked up bits and pieces and figured it all out by the time a manager came over with a target bag with ice in it. She holds it on her head.

She had hit her head on a clothes rack.

So now we're paying, the registers are near the office, and she's in line to 'file a complaint.' I'm not going to say what kind of person she is, but for the record, this had scam written all over it to me. The manager tells her if she's hurt, and hurt badly, she needs to go to the hospital. They'll pay for it.

Of course she doesn't want to bother with all that, she was just hoping for a quick buck. So she leaves the store just ahead of us and miraculously doesn't need the ice on her head anymore once she goes outside.

What is wrong with people? If I hit my head in a store, I say 'OUCH! That was stupid, did you see that??' and go on with my life. I hate people, and they are many, who are always looking for something for nothing.

But I loved Target's policy there: claiming injury? No problem. Go to the hospital so we'll know just how badly you're injured. Besides, if you're hurt badly enough that you want to make a claim, then you need medical attention, right? I mean, people fall and bump and sprain and poke themselves all the time. It's called Life. Get one.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It is easy to see why there are so many disgusting people like that. Watch TV for about 5 minutes and see how many commericals there are encouraging you to sue someone. It is always someone else's fault for your stupidity. Welcome to the America of today, where you are always a helpless victim and someone else is at fault and your only recourse is to sue.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Try getting into a medical profession now. It's getting to be ridiculous. I've decided to choose a different career rather than get my PhD because it just isn't safe to be in the medical field anymore.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This reminds me of that ridiculous guy - maybe only the locals have heard about this - but sued his dry cleaner for losing a pair of pants for like $100 million or something. That guy should have to pay TWICE every penny those poor people had to spend on their defense.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Good point, Eddie. I believe that all started happening right after some hmmm... lady spilled on herself a cup of hot coffee in McDonalds. She sued the franchise for not marking cups with warnings indicating HOT liquid content. She won the case and now all of the cups are marked for such stupidos who can't assume hot coffee is HOT.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
And the costs are passed on to the consumer.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The thing that really get to me is the ridiculous amounts some juries award people over some minor thing that should have never gone to court in the first place. Much of this can be laid on the doorstep of some lawyers. Pain and Suffering my a--.:(

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Look at the jury award given to the idiot who shot his leg off with a Freedom Arms revolver. You can't legislate common sense. And no way a gun company should be held liable because some fool shot himself in the leg because he did not have the hammer down on an empty chamber, as all original single actions are supposed to. The safety is supposed to be between your ears!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
because of people like this Ruger had to make a new model. Strange only Ruger has had to do that, Colt and the clones are still make the same was as the orginal Colts were made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts