Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend the other day found another gun he wanted and was going to trade in his Taurus 1911. If any of you have ever seen one they are sure nice and have a nice triger from the factory. So and how the shop owner waved in front of my nose wasn't hard well its mine now. Well its on lay away for me lets say. The gun 10 mags $700.00 out the door. 5 of the mags are Chip McCormink 8 round mags with the rubber bumper pad. Those are not cheap, also has 2 sets of grips. I plan to put some finger grove white grips on it. The blue steel and while finger grove grips are just prure sexy to me.
I have always love the 45 acp. and with in reason any 45 acp. is a fine weapon to me. And of course a 1911 well that was my first experance with a 45 acp. Guess I just got a soft spot in my heart for a 1911, always will.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. Looking forward to hearing how she shoots. Only have got to handle a taurus 1911 and it sure felt good and that ambi safety was real nice on her.
I am cursed(my point of view)in that there are no gunshops in my county. (wife considers it more of a blessing).

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Snuffy, sounds like a fair enough deal, when you get it be sure and let us see pictures,
and tell us about the range report.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yea I know I am so far behind on the picture it isn't funny. I have a Springfield with an ammbie safety and I added a few parts to a Colt MkII 70 that made it have an abmie safety. Got some nice over size Rose wood grips with finger groves. Put a set of high Millet front and rear sight white out line. She is all business men, and 10 rings anything she is fed.
I have the Sringfield set up to shoot the hot loads she will shoot standard loads as well but she likes it hot. She also 10 rings anything she is fed.
I have a Para Ordance and she will shoot only staight ball ammo, but will keep them in the 9 ring. The good thing about her is she take high cap mags.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
They sure are great guns aren't they? I only wish Taurus would offer the PT1911 in 10mm also. There's been a Taurus rep on the taurusarmed.net forum who stops in from time to time to answer questions but apparently there are no plans for them to produce one. If they did -- I'd get one! :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
So, Suffy. How's the PT1911 treating you by now[?] I took mine to the range today. I put a Hogue Mono-Grip on it yesterday & just had to try it out! The new grips feel & work good, they just look out of pace on a 1911. I'll leave them on for awhile, maybe I'll get used to having them there. This pistol is approaching 8000 rounds,(I quit keeping close track after 5000) & has not given me any trouble so far. :D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well haven't got it out yet am still working on it Bob the owner of the shop really works with us to help us get the guns we want. But as soon as I get its going to be shot a whole lot for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts