Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
That would sure be a snake gun to take fishing. 45 long colt would be pretty good defense round against animals both two and four legged. My concern would be what would the shot do the the rifling in the barrel if it had a lot of shooting?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Wow, that's really cool! They mention it at the end, but it sure isn't just good for the car. That seems like a great home defense weapon.

I didn't know those two rounds were the same diameter.

Thanks for sharing that, Deputy, very interesting.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
reall cool i had one of those commanche 45/410 a while back they were only single shots , and a 10 in barrel to long to really carry or have stode away , now this though 5 rounds !!!! and smaller i like it

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That would sure ruin a BGs day in a hurry. I would say they could order him a Dirt overcoat if he got hit with that puppy.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll go to a gunshow this weekend in Abilene---maybe there will be one there that i can fondle.

Don't need it but i like it! An interesting concept in a revolver. Bet that the recoil is not bad at all. Loaded with some #6's ought to do it at close range. Intimidation factor of that big cylinder should be high.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Indeed. Those targets he shot through the passenger window, brother I don't think you wanna be on the business end of that bad boy!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Well when you really think about it they are right . A drug crazed car jacker, probalbe won't die after being shot with a 9MM 38 sp 44sp or 45 acp even a 357 mag or 44 mag. They have to have massive tissue damage and bleed out quickly for them to drop dead now. I am not saying that the above cailber won't do the job, what I am saying is that they won't do the job as quickly as would be needed. I like the idea and I love concept of the Judge. I have seen on and held one but it was a long barrel blue version. I like the shorter barrel and stainless, for a truck gun at the ready.
I really do wish that Ruger would get with the program, Taurus is by far the more innovative company. I can't understand why Rugewr takes a back seat.
Enough of that. To me just sitting here think the best shot scenario would be to have the judge loaded with 2 shot shell's and 3 45 Long Colts. Fisrst shot shell to the face second to the throat and 3 45's in the chest. That way the back guy is DRT (dead right there).
I know sounds cruel but remember I sure didn't invite him to my world.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yep I do it will be a while before I can get one but its in the works.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
:DA perp might even die from a fright heart failure before you
had to pull the trigger!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got back from the gun show and got to see a blue 3" and a cpl of stainless 3" judges. Blue went for $425 new while the SS judges went for $495. Perfer the SS. This 3" was great to handle. Thought that the balance was excellent. Did not feel like a large frame at all although the length of that cylinder takes some getting use to. Seemed or felt like i was holding a s&w mdl 10 more than anything else but that can't possibly be right--must be the increase weight of that long cylinder and reduced weight of the large bore short barrel. Grips were their ribber style that i have no experience with but they felt good and were very comfortable and almost seemed like a rb style---not overly large. Looking down the bore, the rifling was shallow and hard to see(stainless mdl) Guess that should reduce fouling from shotgun shells. Maybe as more get into circulation we can find out more about durability and how they hold up over the long haul.

If there are no problems with these things, i think taurus will have a winner. The jury is still out for me with the fiber-optic sights--always thought they were fragile but then again this won't be a duty gun.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
nice report iam like you i can allllllllmost taste one of these puppies in my hands hahhahah just a tad pricey for me yet,

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
no one here in Texas has one in the short barrel's just the long barrel's. dang it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
They DO have appeal...lots of it! And...the thing is light and definitely NOT ungainly!

Several guys that I know are VERY interested in gettin' th' Taurus. The one that I handled felt quite comfortable.
In fact, one fella is gonna qualify with th' Taurus as a "back-up"...or so he says! COOL!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.