Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this Taurus PT 1911 up the other day, though I haven't had the chance to take it out yet to shoot. Hopefully that will change in the near future. :D

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I have heard lots of good things about those Taurus 1911s! Fill us in when you get a chance to shoot it. I would really like to have one myself.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Between the two shops I go to, one had it for $41 less than the other so I was able to get it for $509 before tax. The only thing I don't like about it are the plastic factory grips, which I hope to swap out for these in the future.

I'll post a range report after I give her a twirl. :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Here mine. It has many more rounds though it & a litle more holster wear. I'm not sure how much I've shot it. I quit counting after 4000 rounds, but it's in the 6000 round range by now. No trouble with the gun at all.
One of the things I've learned about this 1911 is the extractor & the ejector should be taken apart & cleaned regularly. I do it every 500 rounds. It get's very dirty in there!

·
Registered
918 Posts
That Taurus looks good. I've also heard good things about them. If I ever decide to get a 1911 I would check them out.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

Shoots good! Nice goin' rman![8D]
Thanks! What kind of grips are those on your gun? Did you have to do any trimming to make them fit?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hey rman, they are Hogue Palm Swell 1911 grips. I did have to trim them a little for the right side safety lever. I like the feel of the grips & I have them on 2 other 1911's. The thing is, when you get hot & your hands sweat, you have more control with these grips. I didn't like the plastic one's that came with the pistol at all.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

Hey rman, they are Hogue Palm Swell 1911 grips. I did have to trim them a little for the right side safety lever. I like the feel of the grips & I have them on 2 other 1911's. The thing is, when you get hot & your hands sweat, you have more control with these grips. I didn't like the plastic one's that came with the pistol at all.
Thanks Kansas...I'm with you. The grips are the only thing I don't like about the gun.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the opportunity to run 3 magazines through her last week and have to say my impression was very positive. I didn't think I'd like the plastic grips (and I still am going to replace them though haven't gotten the new grips yet) but they weren't as bad when shooting as I had thought they'd be.

Perceived recoil and muzzle flip were both negligible and reacquiring the target was done quickly. One of our members on taurus armed received his PT1911 around the time I got mine, but his coverage of it is a lot more in-depth. Here is the link if anyone wants to view what he had to say about his.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2032.0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts