Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just learning how to post pictures. Thought I would try it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Nice looking gun and picture. I checked one out right before they hit the market big time. It checked out OK and the price was good too.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
kansas45
I have always had a soft spot for 1911's of any breed. Yours looks good. How does it shoot?
Do you use it for ccw?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Looks like you did a nice job for your first picture Kansas. (Looks better than mine do.) Are those Hogue grips? I really like your PT1911...wish I had one...oh wait a minute....I do have one. They shoot great don't they?
Tom

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The next time you take her out shooting- please give us a range report if possible.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys. I'm pretty amazed that I was able to post that picture. I seem to be very technologicly handicaped. The PT 1911 weighs 41.8 ozs. It is very accurate & functions perfectly. This pistol has close to 4000 rounds shot through it. The finish is wearing off where the holster rubs the gun. I did not like the factory grips. These are Hogue's. They have a slight palm swell & feel very comfortable & secure in my hands. 90% of the ammo has been my own re loads. I have tried different powders & weights of bullets. I have found that the best load for this pistol to be 4.8 grains of Bullseye under a 230gr RN FMJ. Hollow points work good & I don't see any advantage to useing SWC's. I don't use lead bullets so I can't commit about that. I know that everyone has his or her favorite load, so feel free to use what you like as I'm sure the Taurus will handle it. (within safety guidelines, of course) This is my TSA & USPSA load. I have only started playing that game & this load is a little hotter than it needs to be to meet power factor, but I like it. I had my gunsmith change the trigger pull to 4lbs from the 7lb pull from the factory. Other than that & the grips, this is a box stock gun.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Heavy J. It seems like it worked pretty good after 50 rounds or so. I'm prtty sure it was broken in by 100 rounds. I really didn't think too much about it I guess. It just worked good from the start. [8D]

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have not had the pleasure to shoot one but I did get to handle one of the frist in our area. It was a nice tight gun and I could not fine anything wrong with it. I should have bought it as I could have got it for $450 that day. Their up to about $525 now.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Those that scooped these up early made out like bandits. In CT they are getting just about full retail for these and the demand has far outstripped the supply. As a first 1911 definitely on my wish list.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Always glad to see others who are satisfied PT1911 owners. I also removed the factory grips on mine and replaced them with Hogue rubber, though I have the wraparound type with finger grooves. I'll try and take some new pics of it in the near future and post them. :D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I'm seeing them around here for $500 - $529.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts