Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually went black friday shopping. So my wife's said "wanna go visit the LGS? They are having a black Friday sale". I said "uhhh, yes"

So we go and a Taurus TCP .380 followed her home. Picked one up new for $190 destined to be her new carry. We'll be sure to post video when we hit the range with it.

Just in handling and feel it seems a solid little gun. I found the take down pin annoying and re-assembly to be a little awkward but otherwise it seems a solid little gun.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to go out to the range and fire the first 50 rounds. This is her first semi-auto carry, she's always gone with revolvers before. She really like the gun and got the hang of it pretty quick. I fired it several times too, I have to say it performed well.

Not the greatest video but it should be fun to watch with the funky music she picked out.

Taurus TCP 380 Momma's New Carry Gun! - YouTube

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son has had one for a couple of years. A word of caution. At least on his, the slide has a tendency to slip out of the locked back position. Bit him good on that piece of skin between the thumb and index finger. Other than that, it shoots good and very easy to carry.
Thanks for the warning. I had a little trouble along those lines as well but I think it is due to the very small amount of catch for the slide lock. It's easy to accidentally release it while trying to remove the take down pin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.