Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I have been wanting one of those myself. I have heard nothing but good things about the Taurus 1911!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Nice one BH.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Does the guide rod and spring come out the front first?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The spring comes out thru the front. Then once the slide is removed the guide rod slides out the back just like the barrel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
nice 1911... thinking about picking up a springfield 1911 when i can find a good deal on one

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
good addition and a great looking gun!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am a terrible influence aren't I? :D Seriously though, well done Shawn. Have any plans to swap out the factory grips?

ASAP! I'm looking around. There's a guy on eBay that says he'll do custom graphics if I send the art work. I just have to figure out what I want to do. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
The 1911 is my very favorite.........I gotta be thinking about this one. A 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot than the .45. Are you having and FTFs or FTEs?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 1911 is my very favorite.........I gotta be thinking about this one. A 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot than the .45. Are you having and FTFs or FTEs?

I haven't shot it yet. I've read only good things about the taurus 1911's. I think it'll shoot fine.

I reload so it's about the same to shoot it as it is to shoot 9mm. Actually cheaper.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was a toss up between a used Kimber and the new Taurus. I went with the new Taurus. I like new that is cheaper than used and I liked the safety better on the Taurus. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You are going to like that PT1911. I put about 9000 rounds through mine, then like a IDIOT I sold it. It went to a god home & I get to visit it from time to time. I will buy another one before too long though. :)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You are going to like that PT1911. I put about 9000 rounds through mine, then like a IDIOT I sold it. It went to a god home & I get to visit it from time to time. I will buy another one before too long though. :)
That's good to know. 9000 rounds is quite a bit. I'm hoping mine will eat as well as my XD does. That thing'll eat whatever I shove into the mag with out a single hiccup. :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have no idea why I wrote this. The guide rod does come out the front. I need to pay attention to what I'm saying I guess.
I haven't taken my Colt apart in a long time, but thought they'd be similar.
Long ago when I was an idiot, I had lost the manual and didn't realize it came apart front first. So like many,
I forced the slide release lever down to strip it. Of course it scratched the frame. Only mark on the gun. Now as I
look at other guns, I see it often.

Let us know how it shoots. Very sharp gun. Now, what can I blame Taurus_9mm for??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts