Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Confirming . . . are gun-control reference links considered Minefield-only topics here . . . on a firearms-oriented website? If so, I'll just refrain.

Kinda sad, if we're so sensitive we have to go to a "private" forum to discuss issues that directly effect our very hobby's survival.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Confirming . . . are gun-control reference links considered Minefield-only topics here . . . on a firearms-oriented website? If so, I'll just refrain.

Kinda sad, if we're so sensitive we have to go to a "private" forum to discuss issues that directly effect our very hobby's survival.

I really don't understand the confusion here. Since gun control topics are almost 100% political and the Minefield is for discussing political topics, both good and bad, how can you not just go there with any answers to threads or starting new threads. Plus, I don't see how it is private. If someone is sensitive to heated political topics they are just warned and then invited to enter at their own risk. The Tavern is for more fun topics to discuss, hence the bar reference.
Ale-8(1), did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this week?

No attack here. I just don't see where any of this is confusing at all.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
PNWruger1952, you are free to ignore my posts if they confuse you.

You seem to be enjoying commenting on my posts which are not addressed to you, so I can only deduce that you have little else to do.

I have seen none of the so-called vitriol here that seems to be the concern of the management, so I have to be sure I know the rules of the road. Since I don't treat this site as a "social media" arena, I had thought we could have polite conversation about issues that bear on our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights. If this is not, in fact, the case then I worry about the intellect of some participants. And before you get all upset about that last comment it was not directed at you. Heck, I'd have to agree with your signature quotation, and let the inmates shape up or ship out. But that's JMHO.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
PNWruger1952, you are free to ignore my posts if they confuse you.

You seem to be enjoying commenting on my posts which are not addressed to you, so I can only deduce that you have little else to do.

I have seen none of the so-called vitriol here that seems to be the concern of the management, so I have to be sure I know the rules of the road. Since I don't treat this site as a "social media" arena, I had thought we could have polite conversation about issues that bear on our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights. If this is not, in fact, the case then I worry about the intellect of some participants. And before you get all upset about that last comment it was not directed at you. Heck, I'd have to agree with your signature quotation, and let the inmates shape up or ship out. But that's JMHO.

First, I have thick skin. I don't get offended or angry unless someone talks about my family but I am free game.

Second: If you don't want members to respond to your posts then a PM is the way to go. Either to me or the moderator. I respond to what is out there that I read and wish to respond to. I am not confused. It appears you may be and that is why I posted what I did.

If you post something and it is not addressed to me or any other members then say so. Call out who you want to respond back. Until then, I and my thick skin will do what I do when I do it. I do get pleasure here at the forum but not from just responding to one member.

By the way, we are in the Tavern section so the vitriol you speak of is way tamer here. To get more of what you speak of you have to go to Minefield. That has been explained already.

·
Super Moderator
16,207 Posts
Gentlemen ... To keep this thread on point and to re-emphasize terry's original point, please limit controversial subjects to the Minefield. For those who disagree with our decision to include gun control legislation in the Minefield mix, please feel free to frequent other firearm forums that are more consistent with your thoughts.

This thread is now closed.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.