Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, forum newbie here...

I love the lines of the Ruger MK IV tapered barrel pistols. But they come with fixed sights. I have googled far and wide but can't find a clear answer!

Can you add the adjustable rear sight to the gun, and still use the standard front sight blade, or will it be too low?

is there a source for taller front blades?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm next to positive the answer to that is no. I have a standard Mk II and back in the day they made an aftermarket set of adjustable sights for it that required replacement of both the front and rear sight. The OEM adjustable sights that fit the bull barrels did not work because the adjustable rear sight is significantly higher than the standard fixed sight. Pretty sure that is the case on the Mk IV as well.

·
Registered
732 Posts
There are after market low profile adjustable rear sights that will work with the existing front sight. They can usually be found on eBay. There are also tall front sights that will work with the standard Ruger adjustable rear sight but I personally don’t care much for the look of them.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Ed Mann
412 Posts
I love the lines of the Ruger MK IV tapered barrel pistols. But they come with fixed sights. I have googled far and wide but can't find a clear answer!
Can you add the adjustable rear sight to the gun, and still use the standard front sight blade, or will it be too low?
is there a source for taller front blades?
Ruger front sights for standards are not hard to make out of 0.100" stock. Trace the old sight onto the metal and freehand more metal onto the top before cutting out. Here's a picture of a RST4 with added sights:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts