Ruger Forum banner

181 - 200 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
20F and still dropping. Sleet and snow all day after freezing rain and snow yesterday. High was 34F at 7 AM.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nice rig ya got there, 7 hrs of plow money is probably a nice little haul.
I could charge more, but I try to be reasonable. Around me driveways can be long and most home owners use zero turn mowers, which don't push snow. I get $20 to $40 a driveway, but it takes me 20 minutes to drive my tractor on the county road to where the rich people live. Around me we all have tractors and take care of ourselves.

I plow the 1 mile private road we live on under contract with the HOA and do 4 of my elderly neighbors around me for free. It all works out in the end......we get vegetables, nice pies, fresh beef etc. in the summer........good deeds always pay off, either in this life or the next.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I could charge more, but I try to be reasonable. Around me driveways can be long and most home owners use zero turn mowers, which don't push snow. I get $20 to $40 a driveway, but it takes me 20 minutes to drive my tractor on the county road to where the rich people live. Around me we all have tractors and take care of ourselves.

I plow the 1 mile private road we live on under contract with the HOA and do 4 of my elderly neighbors around me for free. It all works out in the end......we get vegetables, nice pies, fresh beef etc. in the summer........good deeds always pay off, either in this life or the next.
You aren't fooling us and we aren't surprised by the good deeds. My mom's neighbor has a 4-wheeler and he does her drive. She gets him a gas card each year along w a banana or zucchini bread or two or four.

Good stuff

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ah love the temps reported we are 3 this morning but the hi/lo on weather underground read 24/19..... Um, OK by the way they are reporting the 3 not me.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
We’re having a heat wave in St. Lou this morning......11*, that’s +15 from yesterday morning. (y)

·
Super Moderator
21,876 Posts
It's 36 here on FL Panhandle this morning but headed into the 60's and then 70's tomorrow with rain and a tornado threat.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It's 36 here on FL Panhandle this morning but headed into the 60's and then 70's tomorrow with rain and a tornado threat.
It got to 35 here, east of the capitol last night so most of the ice came off the trees and wires before the wind picked up. Sunny and 18 this morning, probably the last sun we will see until next week. Don't hurry home!

Bruce

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Heat wave this morning. It's 7 degrees with light snow and the sun is trying to peek thru the clouds. Today will be the 13th day below 20 degrees. We are supposed to break that barrier slightly tomorrow.

Reactions: Maddmax

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
-5 now in central MN headed to +11 today and into the 30s for highs this weekend so the warm up is on it’s way, even though we are used to the cold I am usually ready for winter to be over by the end of February, March can be snowy with occasional cold spells but at least one can see to April at this point!

·
Registered
RUGER
75 Posts
What’s the temp this morning where you are?

it’s -24 this morning on my outdoor range, even though we are used to the cold here that’s a bit chilly for outdoor shooting even for me so I guess today will be a good day to sit at the press and make more
I am in North Central Minnesota
In the 50's here in South Carolina Today going up to the 60's Monday .You keep that Cold Stuff up North where it belongs ! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Heat wave this morning. It's 7 degrees with light snow and the sun is trying to peek thru the clouds. Today will be the 13th day below 20 degrees. We are supposed to break that barrier slightly tomorrow.
The weatherman LIED !!! Cleared off last night and it was -19 below zero at 5:A. It's a little after 10:A and -4 below zero. Sun is trying to come out..

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Around me we all have tractors and take care of ourselves.

It all works out in the end......we get vegetables, nice pies, fresh beef etc. in the summer........good deeds always pay off, either in this life or the next.
Same here. We just all pitch in and help each other. Makes for some great BS'n around the campfires and picnics in the Summer.

181 - 200 of 247 Posts