Ruger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
-5 now in central MN headed to +11 today and into the 30s for highs this weekend so the warm up is on it’s way, even though we are used to the cold I am usually ready for winter to be over by the end of February, March can be snowy with occasional cold spells but at least one can see to April at this point!
March can be a nasty month here "in-between" Winter/Spring seasons. I've had some of my worst Lightning, Hail and Thunderstorm damage then. Temperature changes from one end to the other in hours some days. "Warm" wet heavy snow, Ice, Rain Downpours. Frozen Ground, with Snow Cover, add Rain = Flooding. But, in a couple weeks we could also be in T-Shirts and Light Jackets too.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
The weatherman LIED !!! Cleared off last night and it was -19 below zero at 5:A. It's a little after 10:A and -4 below zero. Sun is trying to come out..
Yikes! My weatherman lied too. He said the high today would be 19. It was 24! Yee Haw!

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
If I could be wrong at my job as often as the weatherman is wrong at his, I wouldn’t even have to show up.
We're having a turnover with some of the old timers retiring and have some new young ones that don't look like they shave more than once a month (IF that) and can't even pronounce the names of some of the cities or rivers. When they stand outside during a broadcast, they make a couple inches of snow sound like a major snow event !!!

Reactions: rman

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
We're having a turnover with some of the old timers retiring and have some new young ones that don't look like they shave more than once a month (IF that) and can't even pronounce the names of some of the cities or rivers. When they stand outside during a broadcast, they make a couple inches of snow sound like a major snow event !!!
That's funny and sounds familiar.

Yipee! Spring must be here. It's 9 above this morning, headed for a high of 34. That will be the first time above freezing in 2 weeks. We've had maybe 3" of snow over this period. Maybe some of it will melt today.

·
Registered
350 Posts
5 this morning and sunny,headed to a high of about 30. 5"-6" of snow on the ground. It is going to be a muddy nasty mess for a while.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
That's funny and sounds familiar.

Yipee! Spring must be here. It's 9 above this morning, headed for a high of 34. That will be the first time above freezing in 2 weeks. We've had maybe 3" of snow over this period. Maybe some of it will melt today.
We're suppose to get wet 3-4" Sunday. At least we're getting to see some low 30s again.

·
One Star
10,301 Posts
Cold 28 degrees

·
Registered
405 Posts
Like others 13 now, 23 today basically 30s 40s next 10 days.

·
Registered
562 Posts
February has been a lousy month so far for me in Ma. Got rid of the snow last week only to get 6 inches more yesterday. Temps around 35 today and tomorrow. Nothing compared to those poor souls in Texas and Oklahoma though. No power or water with burst pipes. That sucks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Got above freezing (34*) yesterday for the first time in 9 days. Spent the day digging my daughters car out of the snow and she was able to get to the store (many bare shelves). Started digging my pickup out but have to dig out the rest (80 ft) of the drive way before I can get to the street. Wife's car will have to wait for the melting. Back down to 13* this morning but weather prognosticators are promising 40*+ today. We'll see. Haven't had a mail delivery since last Monday, UPS and Fedex aren't even trying our street. Called the city yesterday to find out why they haven't plowed our street. Daughter said every other street in town seems to have been plowed.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Nothing noteworthy here, our driveway/patio was treacherous with ice on Thursday so we sanded the part we had to walk on which apparently cause the weather to change. Friday's high and low were both in the 20's, it was snowing when I woke up and continued until after I went to sleep without amounting to more than a few inches, plenty to cover the sand though. This morning is sunny, still in the 20's but we should be seeing some mid 30's over the next couple of days. I will happily take the boring, PIA winter that we have had over the challenges being faced across the country.

Bruce

·
Registered
224 Posts
Two years ago about this time of year we left Minnesota to visit our son in Hawaii who is stationed there with the Marine Corps. The temperature when we left was -36 and when we arrived in Honolulu it was 87. That makes for a temperature swing of 123 degrees. Quite a day.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Ok momma nature we get your point ...

We apologize for all the dumbasses ...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah, I was reading -1 at 5am then warming up to the lower 30s later. I think increasing each day to 50⁰ on Wednesday.

So we've filled 11 pages talking about weather, typical humans 😀

Reactions: Dad45

·
Registered
914 Posts
Good Morning all
At 5 AM it's 47, warming up to the mid-'70s.
Enjoy the day.
At 5 am here it was apparently 3F, by the time I got up it was in the upper twenties and not expected to go any higher despite lots of sun. Back to single digits again tonight then maybe above freezing a few times over the coming days! Winter ain't done yet here.

Bruce

201 - 220 of 247 Posts