Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Ruger 10/22 stainless with a synthetic stock fairly recently and after owing the firearm for roughly 2 months, I discovered it was defective. Gun had numerous problems (stock was too wide inside, loose tolerances between the bolt and receiver..etc). I shipped it off to Ruger and got a call today saying that they will be replacing the rifle with another at no cost to me.

Because it's a new rifle (new serial number), I will have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer. I was a bit disappointed by that, seeing as I am most likely going to have to pay $20-25 again (ordered the gun online originally) to get my rifle. Little bit frustrating, but it was also partially my fault for not recognizing the gun was defect when I received it. (my first gun though, so didn't really know what to look for)

Anyway, all I have to do is give an FFL dealer a call and have them fax Ruger and Ruger will ship my new 10/22 off to them.

Overall, fantastic customer service. I'm glad I chose Ruger for my first gun. :cool:

I'm eager to get out shooting again!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I purchased a Ruger 10/22 stainless with a synthetic stock fairly recently and after owing the firearm for roughly 2 months, I discovered it was defective. Gun had numerous problems (stock was too wide inside, loose tolerances between the bolt and receiver..etc). I shipped it off to Ruger and got a call today saying that they will be replacing the rifle with another at no cost to me.

Because it's a new rifle (new serial number), I will have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer. I was a bit disappointed by that, seeing as I am most likely going to have to pay $20-25 again (ordered the gun online originally) to get my rifle. Little bit frustrating, but it was also partially my fault for not recognizing the gun was defect when I received it. (my first gun though, so didn't really know what to look for)

Anyway, all I have to do is give an FFL dealer a call and have them fax Ruger and Ruger will ship my new 10/22 off to them.

Overall, fantastic customer service. I'm glad I chose Ruger for my first gun. :cool:

I'm eager to get out shooting again!
Keep your receipt from the FFL and give ruger a call. I've heard they will reimburse the FFL fee when they replace a gun.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Your post made me think of a time that I did some failed home smithing (very early on when I didn't know a thing). Bottom line was I buggered up the barrel catch involving the barrels. I also took this time to consider another caliber so I sent in money for a new barrel and said do your magic. About a month later I received a brand new gun. I know that since I listed the old gun's serial number in the letter I sent to the company. I guess I buggered more than I thought I did. But I received a brand new gun for just the cost of a barrel. Yeah!! Frames/Receivers are usually listed as "Factory replacement only" so I do think that legally the can at their option replace a defective frame/receiver and it still be considered the same gun as far as licensing or paperwork is concerned.

That or my company did a woopsie and I'm very glad the gun has since been sold. Smithy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
...recently incorrectly reintalled and "stuck" the striker cover on my new SR9C when cleaning...called Ruger & they said "send it in". They replaced the striker cover & checked it out (test fired 40 rounds) & returned it right away without charge. It's a pleasure talking to genuinely customer-oriented folks on the phone and, of course, great to have them truly back up an excellent product (even when there was "owner error" that caused the proglem). Ruger is the real deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts