Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Texas CCW is about to expire and I go tomorrow to take the Missouri Course. I believe the Instructor said I would only have to fire 15 rounds and I had to shoot both semi auto and revolver. In Texas if you shot the course with a semi auto you could carry either but if you shot it with a revolver you could only carry a revolver, that was three years ago so it may have changed by now.

Steve...........

·
Registered
392 Posts
welcome to Mo., hope you like it up here. the shooting part of the test is way to easy. got to shoot .22 pistol and revolver, get hits in a kong sized target. if it's a good class the emphasis will be on the legality of defense shooting and the Mo. version of "Castle law".
google for any/all info you might need for full understanding. 3 things-- gun, cellphone, number for good defense lawyer on speed dial.
be safe, good shooting.

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
My Texas CCW is about to expire and I go tomorrow to take the Missouri Course. I believe the Instructor said I would only have to fire 15 rounds and I had to shoot both semi auto and revolver. In Texas if you shot the course with a semi auto you could carry either but if you shot it with a revolver you could only carry a revolver, that was three years ago so it may have changed by now.

Steve...........
Yeah, they did change that Texas law last year. Now you test with either one, and can carry either one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been here three years now, still getting used to some of the folks here in the Ozarks though.

Steve..........

·
Registered
7,096 Posts

Steve...........
It has changed. You do have to shoot both & get a decent score, which is easy. You get to practice 1st.
You can carry what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.