Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We up here in the North West and even a bit north of me where Azsor lives, decided to share some snow with Austin and San Antonio..... :D

Un-assembled snowmen comin your way!

Snow reported across Austin area
Sleet and freezing rain switched over to snow before noon Tuesday in some areas of Central Texas, prompting many people to venture outside for a look. The snow came after hours of ice collected on roads, cars and vegetation. A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect for Central Texas through Wednesday afternoon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

You ever seen those Texan's drive on ice & snow? [:0] Holey Cow! :D

ROTFLMAO :D:D:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
yup pretty cold down here and we have been getting ice now for days.I can honestly tell ya I pulled more people out of the ditch around tacoma wa than I have around here.must be all those imported CA folks living up there.:D:D.
the first summer I spent up there(ft lewis-wa state) I waited for summer to show up that never did:D.
I got to hunt up there for elk and deer.the only state I have ever seen where you have to take a lawyer with you.:D

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USTX0693?from=_topnav_undeclared

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Never seen such tire spinnin' as 'round here the last 2-3 days-idiots can't seem to learn ---got a great laugh-a Fort Worth weathergirl said-Well, we've got an inch of snow-now it's a real blizzard here for sure!!!!! I learned more about driving in snow before I was 14 than these folks have learned in a lifetime-they get it so seldom here...big news :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
I couldn’t even begin to tell you haw many hundred of thousands of miles I have driven on snow covered and slippery roads with an 18 wheeler, but I can tell you that stupidity on slippery roads isn’t limited to Austin and the rest of Texas!

Every year, after the first snowstorm, there are cars and trucks all over the place off the road because they can’t remember from one year until the next how to drive.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
REAL truck drivers can handle anything-not some of these weekend wonders they have driving 18-wheelers nowadays-it ain't safe even on dry roads-no common sense or savvy-times have changed!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Boy you got that right! (Mini rant on the way!)

There are still a lot of competent professionals out there, but there are far too many self-centered know-it-alls that only care about making time. Courtesy used to be the norm; now it’s the exception.

Some of these new drivers tailgate, won’t use their turn signals, and would just as soon cut you off as look at you. I’m glad I’m not out there anymore!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
That's sure the truth. When I was growing up, truck drivers were all the most courteous, safest and best drivers on the road. Now I think we got a bunch of pot heads in the cab.

·
Registered
268 Posts
the worst drivers I have ever seen is a toss up..german or french.
they are insane....wet,dry,snow or ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts