Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, I sure wish I could go out tomorrow and buy a brick of .22lr to shoot. Oh, but wait. I can't do that because hoarders and preppers have bought up every stinking round of it in the entire US of A. Preciate it.

Guess I'll just spend the day Wooliteing my sweaters instead.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I bought 5250 rounds on sale with rebate in early December - does that make me a hoarder? I have already used around 1500 rounds - so that may only be a 4 month supply - hopefully I can find some when I am ready to buy more. I haven't checked out the local stores - but since I am pretty much in the middle of a 96% blue county I am thinking maybe there aren't so many gun owners and the local supply of ammo hasn't been impacted so much - won't know for sure till I go looking for more though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Boy, I sure wish I could go out tomorrow and buy a brick of .22lr to shoot. Oh, but wait. I can't do that because hoarders and preppers have bought up every stinking round of it in the entire US of A. Preciate it.

Well, Woolite is a quality detergent. Luckily there is no Woolite hoarding going on or you would be S.O.L.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Fortunately, I have enough ammo on hand to get me through this current situation. Went by Walmart today when I was there and their ammo cupboards were pretty bare. The locale TV station did a short bit on the local gun show. They said that people were lined up 2 hours before the doors opened.

No thanks....I'll sit it out!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Funny, I've bought no ammo in the past 12 months, yet I have thousands of rounds for each caliber. Sorry, no offense, but I was better at predicting the future.

Are you angry at all the people that invested in Microsoft in the 80's?

·
Registered
350 Posts
What's the threshold for hoarding, anyway? Rounds in the hundreds? The thousands? Does is vary according to caliber? And if so, by how much?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
You're welcome. It's a shame that we're not neighbors, I'd be happy to lend you some. Enjoy your soft sweaters.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

First come, first serve.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Horders are just people who are acting out of fear of the government.
If you want to blame someone, blame the Obama administration, the Senate, the House of Representatives, Mayor Bloomberg, Dianne Feinstein, and while you're at it blame Adam Lanza and his stupid mother.

Reactions: TMB

·
Registered
659 Posts
you're welcome.a little late to the party huh? maybe you should use some Woolite on your big boy drawers and then put them on.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I went to our local gunshow even with a friend that got there earlier than I did was way back in line and the lines basically overtook the whole show floor that you can't even browse at the opposite tables from ammo dealers. As well as dealers limiting ammo purchase amount per customer. My friend in line gave up after being in line for a couple hours where he was not even half way there. STUPID Obama administration and DiFi! I was looking for 22lr and 223 damnit!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have about a hundred rounds of 9mm for my P95 and that's it. I too have had a difficult time finding ammo, but I don't blame my fellow gun owners for stocking up over the years. Believe me, after all the hysteria has died down and ammo becomes more available in the future (well, hopefully this will happen) I'll be doing some hoarding of my own.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Thankfully, I'm pretty well stocked for now, so I'm avoiding their hoard prices. I'm hoping things will get better in a few months and am trying to remain optimistic about these proposed new regulations. But I keep writing my reps. Ruger posted a great way to quickly write all your reps with either a canned or custom letter. Check it out on their website.

·
Registered
969 Posts

Let's see, you're upset with the "hoarders and preppers" who bought ammo months and years ago, but not upset with the slow learners who have rushed to the stores in the past few weeks? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have about a hundred rounds of 9mm for my P95 and that's it. I too have had a difficult time finding ammo, but I don't blame my fellow gun owners for stocking up over the years. Believe me, after all the hysteria has died down and ammo becomes more available in the future (well, hopefully this will happen) I'll be doing some hoarding of my own.
Is ammo the only thing you haven't got enough of? I recently experienced Hurricane Sandy. It was amusing watching everyone running out of gas while trying to get to stores that didn't have electricity. :)

Welcome to the club. :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Let's see, you're upset with the "hoarders and preppers" who bought ammo months and years ago, but not upset with the slow learners who have rushed to the stores in the past few weeks? :rolleyes:
Spot on Geek. I haven't bought any ammo for at least 6 months, yet have several thousand rounds. I would pick it up on sale and even grab some for friends. My LGS would have skids sitting out all different calibers, no limits. The only time I really saw shortages was when the .380 was the hot gun for CC, then it was hard to get .380's.

If this blows over maybe people will remember these times and in the future they may do a little "hoarding" of their own?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just hope they put away some food too. We had Hurricane Irene last year and were without power anywhere from a few days to several weeks. I bought a generator. This year Hurricane Sandy hits and my power is out for about 30 seconds before the generator kicks in. I go outside and listen for other generators in the neighborhood. No one has one! Meanwhile folks like to disparage preppers.

Stuff happens. You can prepare for it, or be a victim of it. Whose fault is it if you pick the latter?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Fortunately, I have enough ammo on hand to get me through this current situation. Went by Walmart today when I was there and their ammo cupboards were pretty bare. The locale TV station did a short bit on the local gun show. They said that people were lined up 2 hours before the doors opened.

No thanks....I'll sit it out!
Same situation here in Georgia, I will wait it out again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Some saw this kind of thing coming long ago and were already starting to prepare, some needed more evidence of what was to come, thus the recent hoarding and panic buying. This is what happens when the people start to fear the government!! And fear them we should!!!

1 - 20 of 391 Posts