Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother in law Major David W Martin USAF ret died last month and I inherited one of his guns. The one I was given is special to me as I was with him when he bought it. About 1994 a local dealer had bought from Ruger a number of Discontinued Ruger Service Six Stainless .38 special revolvers. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440900050.889017.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440900191.885854.jpg . I have added a Tyler T Grip.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss but it's great that you have that classic Service Six to remember him by and the shared experience of buying it together years ago.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
What a beautiful remembrance to celebrate the life of your brother in law.
He must have been a special man, and that is a special revolver.

·
Registered
793 Posts
It is nice that he left it to you. I have been looking for one of these in .38 special for a couple years. Looks good!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am glad you are old enough to appreciate that pistol.
I received a bunch of my fathers guns and I shot them and traded them and sold them
And now they are all gone and he is gone too.
I still have one rifle and that it and it is a treasure to me now.
Firearms from friends and loved ones are special treasures.
In the future that gun will help you remember him.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
And you are keeping him alive with your memories of him every time you see that gun. Sorry for your loss but I hope you enjoy that revolver and think of him often.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Sorry for your loss, men like that are great Americans.

I have that exact same gun, even with the T-Grip. One of my favorites. Celebrate his life and service by shooting it often:)

When it's my time to go I hope my daughter (and maybe her children) will keep all my Rugers and shoot the heck out of them.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
So sorry for your loss. He must have remembered when you accompanied him to buy that revolver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts