Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your plans for Thanksgiving? To me Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I think it is wonderful to have a day set aside to reflect on all the things that we have to be thankful for. This year I plan to eat Thanksgiving Dinner at my Father-in-laws. Will probably take the Son and Grandkids out on the Ranch and check on the Cattle and hunt or shoot some. I alway enjoy this holiday. Might have to check in with Bill and see what he is having that morning for Breakfast. :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hope Bill will be open as Iplan to have breakfast there. Kathy and I will be alone for the first time in years so we bought a ten pound bird with the trimmings this morning. Thats not too big of a bird cause I love turkey sandwiches but she says its big enough and shes the boss. I might take my auto pistols out for some shooting early that morning or friday as I won't be able to do my walkinf exercise. Haven't used my sig or berretta in quite a while.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
We will be home this year for Thanksgiving. My step-son, daughter-in-law and grandson will be here for dinner. My wife is a great cook and always prepares a feast that would feed an army.

The usual menu:
20 - 22 lb turkey
Dressing
Mash potatoes and gravy
Baked beans
Macaroni salad
Home made hot rolls
Orange/Pineapple salad
Cherry Coke salad
Candied sweet potatoes
Vegetable platter
Cranberry sauce
Pecan pie
Pumpkin pie
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
(Additional items vary year to year)

The following Monday I will roll myself to work.
Tom

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Well, I am planning on a relaxing 4 days off from the grind... A chance to practice retirement... I am doing a 3 day weekend this weekend, and 4 next week, I won't know how to act when I have to do a "normal" work week, they are sooooooo long... :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Things are up in the air right now as Dad just had open heart surgery and is not doing real well. My brother in law while visting Dad had a heart attack at the hospital. My wife has been gone since Tuesday at the hospital with them two. So Thanksgiving is up in the air for now. Most of the time we have a big she/bang at the house here.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My oldest son and his father-in-law have 72 acres in the northern Lower Peninsula with a house and two pole barns. We’re going to have a big family gathering and do some hunting and maybe even some shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

Things are up in the air right now as Dad just had open heart surgery and is not doing real well. My brother in law while visting Dad had a heart attack at the hospital. My wife has been gone since Tuesday at the hospital with them two. So Thanksgiving is up in the air for now. Most of the time we have a big she/bang at the house here.
Mercy! Sounds like your family is having more than their share of bad luck. Hope everyone gets better real soon. Open heart surgery is no fun. I had one in 82 and another in 93. Sure don't want any more.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

Baldy, I hope everything levels off where you can have a good Thanksgiving. We'll be thinking about you and praying for your family.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thanks KP97 and Rman for the kind words and prayers. Bad hearts run in this family. My Mother in law went through four open hearts before she passed, but she had a tremendous will to live. Dads 80 and not the fighter Mom was. My brother in law got released this morning. Wife is still at the hospital.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well, looks like we're going to my baby brother's in Springtown, Texas Thursday-just enough woods to walk in and talk with my Sis and my Mom-after dinner we'll gather up and shoot some-about 28 expected-lots to be thankful for this year-freedom---not just a cheap word-but freedom to live what we want-say what we feel-go where we please-and have the means to defend our loved ones and these freedoms. I thank the One who provided this country's beginnings-against all odds-and I thank the ones who have served in many ways-to keep it free for us all...I'm thankful for the Fathers who've passed down the values that made this country unique and great--and the sacrifices made daily by doing the jobs we do to keep it working well-the American git-r-done spirit-good men who do more than's expected at work and at home--I'm thankful for all the wives and Mothers who stand and work---and some shoot with us-and mold the next generation of Americans--and I'm thankful for all my friends here on the forum...real fine men who'd make great neighbors-and bad news for our common enemies...may God richly bless all with plenty-health-rest-and lots of love and good times not just Thanksgiving but the whole holiday season....Semper Fi!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts