Ruger Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
That is one example as to why, even though I am a 4th generation Oregon native, that I will never travel into Portland or even move back to the state.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Some a acts of stupidity you get to survive.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I take it the social clubs were not the Lions or the Shriners...
Cheers.
No.

Sorry, that’s sort of an inside joke in Portland. The police department‘s gang unit was disbanded about two years ago (maybe longer - memory is fading) because it was considered to be “unfairly labeling people”; since then, we‘ve been joking about how there aren’t gangs any more, just “social gatherings of people with similar interests” - “social clubs”, for short.

Even though the PC masters have declared gangs to be non-existent, there are still a large number of people who behave like gangsters. In my opinion, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

But I’m just an old fossil...

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some a acts of stupidity you get to survive.
One of the failings of modern medicine is that it too often protects people from the consequences of their stupidity, thus preventing natural selection from improving the species.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
No.

Sorry, that’s sort of an inside joke in Portland. The police department‘s gang unit was disbanded about two years ago (maybe longer - memory is fading) because it was considered to be “unfairly labeling people”; since then, we‘ve been joking about how there aren’t gangs any more, just “social gatherings of people with similar interests” - “social clubs”, for short.

Even though the PC masters have declared gangs to be non-existent, there are still a large number of people who behave like gangsters. In my opinion, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

But I’m just an old fossil...

"undocumented pharmaceutical re-distribution social clubs"

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
"undocumented pharmaceutical re-distribution social clubs"
“undocumented pharmacists”

I had a patient a few months ago complaining that the guy who sold him drugs (“Xanax” - who knows what it REALLY was) didn’t warn him about the potential side effects (not breathing) when combined with alcohol and heroin. I told him that was one of the liabilities of dealing with amateur pharmacists.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts