Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That extra .003 sure seems to make a difference when comparing a .223 to a .22LR round. :)

I was at the range today, and was shooting my 10/22 at a chunk of ice someone had put out for a target. My shots with .22LR didn't seem to do anything to the ice. I took aim at it with my AR-556, and bye bye ice! One round vaporized it.

Hard to believe they're the same caliber bullet.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
They do seem to be opposite ends of the spectrum for a fairly similar bullet.

I was enjoying destroying cement statues on my parent's property... That weird blue dragon didn't stand a chancs! :p

(It was garbage from the previous owner- not a prized gnome ;) )

·
Registered
649 Posts
The .22LR is what I grew up with and it did fine by me for rabbit hunting and poking little holes in paper.
A friend of mine let me shoot his AR at the range and I was hooked.
Never thought I would own a so called assault rifle but I have to admit that it has become my favorite range toy.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
They do seem to be opposite ends of the spectrum for a fairly similar bullet.

I was enjoying destroying cement statues on my parent's property... That weird blue dragon didn't stand a chancs! :p

(It was garbage from the previous owner- not a prized gnome ;) )
Lol gnomes!

My Ruger M77 308 Tactical took care or a weird cat statue I received at a gift exchange once!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Bullet diameter is about the only thing the .22LR has in common with the .223, and even that is not exactly the same. The .223 is usually at least 15 grains heavier and 2000 fps faster. Muzzle energy 90-140 ft lbs compared to about 1200-1400 ft lbs.

LOL, I bet you already new that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts