Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They always talk about the sound of racking a pump shotgun putting fear in evil hearts. I find it just annoys the hell out of the wife when breaking in a new action.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its stupid...An idea put forth by clueless people.......Racking a pump gun when there's an intruder in the house........1 tells him where you are.........2 gives him something to shoot at.......All I want the intruder to see is muzzle flash when I shoot him......

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
I love my Mossberg 500 and all, but I have to admit that the sound of pumping a shotgun sounds way cooler in movies than it does in real life. On a funny note, I once set off a friend's car alarm from racking my shotgun when we arrived at our shooting spot. Funny that set it off before the report did. :D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Think there may be times when it would make someone take notice and maybe hesitate, stop and run. I also believe at times it will will certainly give the intruder clues where to shoot.

I think knowing your surroundings and replaying situations in your head is the best way to determine a "possible" way out of a bad situation. Hopefully no one ever gets into that situation.

One never knows until they are confronted......

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I always like to be cleaning my shotgun when a new suitor would come to the house to pickup my daughter for the "First date" back in the day.

She was always home before midnight..................go figure.

Here Kitty Kitty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts