Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Admirals

A friend of mine is an officer in the naval reserve.
A few weeks ago, He was attending a conference that included admirals in both the US and the French navies. At a cocktail reception, my friend found himself in a small group that included an admiral from each of the two navies.

The French admiral started complaining that whereas Europeans learned many languages, Americans only learned English. He then asked. "Why is it that we have to speak English in these conferences rather than you have to speak French?"

Without even hesitating, the American admiral replied. "Maybe it is because we arranged it so that you did not have to learn to speak German."

The group became silent.

:D:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Correct!!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sehr gut !

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's more than correct. Thanks to the Yanks we don't speak German in Belgium!!! We haven't forgot it, guys.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The ONE good thing the Anglo's did. They brought a common language to the world. (But ask the Scots, the Irish and the Welsh what they think of the subject!)

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
That's a small portion of a much larger joke.

Been running around for several months.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
And why are the streets in Paris lined with beautiful trees?

So the Nazis could march in the shade

It is sad how soon the French forget who liberated them

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hell yeah! That's telling those Grey Poupon eating French Fries what's up. Come to think of it, we should send all of our left wing liberals to France, they will fit right in.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Reminded of another

I read in Readers' Digest a story which I will recall here as best I can:

The story is set in the 60's

A German Air Traffic Controller became impatient with an American Pilot requesting landing instructions to fly into Berlin. In exasperation, he yelled, "Obviously you have never flown into Berlin before!",

The American calmly replied, "Actually, I have flown to Berlin before, but it was over 20 years ago and I didn't land."

Lost Sheep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts