Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An alleged home intruder busted into a Fayetteville, North Carolina, house and was met with the end of a frying pan.

A couple said they were awakened by someone who came through a glass door in their den just before midnight on Thursday.

Glenn Tew scurried to see what all the commotion was about when he came face to face with the man.

"I hollered at him, and he proceeded to come charging at me, trying to knock me out. We kind of locked horns and fought on the floor," Tew told CNN affiliate WTVD.

Tew's wife ran into the den to help, tossing the closest thing she could find to her husband -- a frying pan. "I think my wife hit him with a metal trash can a couple of times," Tew said. "And once I got the frying pan, I proceeded to give him a good dose of that."

This wasn't the only incident the intruder was allegedly involved in that night.

Fayetteville poice said the 21-year-old man earlier attacked a mother who was waiting in her car in a church parking lot. An elderly man on the scene tried to intervene and then the attacker began beating him as well. It was only then the woman was able to reach for her gun and fire two shots, police said. Police say the suspect is facing several charges, including burglary and assault.

Police say all the victims were shaken up, but not seriously injured.

As for the frying pan, it might need a little bit of TLC.

"The bottom is a little messed up, but I expect I can hammer it back down,"

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Shame it wasn't cast iron.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Seems they don't make assault frying pans like they used to.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Guess what is next on the lib's "control" list?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Yikes! I'm sure the left will want to control the length of the handle on the pan as well as the diameter of the bottom.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:D. Ah yes ... The famous 'Warner 12'' assault weapon w/ matching lid

·
Registered
425 Posts
Quick, I need to get some high cap frying pans.. before they are banned!
Right now I have a cast iron 10" and 12" Wonder what the "stopping power" is...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i believe that is determined by weight, thickness of the pan, and the principal swinging velocity... and with any discussion of stopping power, impact point location is a key determinant.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:rolleyes: Any extra 'points' for a hot skillet ??

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Quick, I need to get some high cap frying pans.. before they are banned!
Right now I have a cast iron 10" and 12" Wonder what the "stopping power" is...
When I was in Cabela's yesterday, they had a 20" Lumberjack Model frying pan.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Shame it wasn't cast iron.
God no. Then they would start banning black frying pans. Poor saps out in Kalifornia couldn't cook anymore. :eek:

When I was in Cabela's yesterday, they had a 20" Lumberjack Model frying pan.
Is that the one with the 1:7 twist handle and quick change mags?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
20" falls in the Paul Bunyan category i think...

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
20" falls in the Paul Bunyan category i think...
Would that make it a "high capacity" frying pan?

After all, there's no need for the average person to have a high capacity frying pan; you'd only need that if you were planning a mass pancake feed. We need to keep such excessively large frying pans out of the wrong hands, away from those who want to stuff a lot of people full of cheap, maple-syrup-drenched carbohydrate bombs.

Oh, the humanity!

Jim

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Would that make it a "high capacity" frying pan?

After all, there's no need for the average person to have a high capacity frying pan; you'd only need that if you were planning a mass pancake feed. We need to keep such excessively large frying pans out of the wrong hands, away from those who want to stuff a lot of people full of cheap, maple-syrup-drenched carbohydrate bombs.

Oh, the humanity!

Jim

Just sayin'

1 - 20 of 24 Posts