Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brother-in-law who has some "unique" friends to say the least! One of his friends had a neighbor kid who was sneaking into his basement to rummage around. Having firearms in the house at the ready and not wanting to really confront the "kid" with a gun, devised a "method" that actually worked very well. He mounted a fairly "large" bear trap to a section of 2 x 6 plank and "cocked" the trap. Waiting one evening in the darkened basement with the con"trap"tion in his hands, heard the kid enter the basement through the unlocked window. At the appointed signal, his wife turned on the basement lights and there he advanced toward the kid with the bear trap. The kid's eyes almost literally bulged out of their sockets and he immediately coward in a corner. The homeowner called the kid's father to come and retrieve him and needless to say that was the "last" time he had any trouble from that kid! Of course that "method" might not "work" so well if the intruder were armed with a firearm!.......................Dick

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well it worked and no one was hurt and the kid maybe got a good lesson. One can only hope.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You know...................if I was that kid, I might never leave my house again!!!!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts