Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,349 Posts
+1 on the Weapon Shield. Best I've found so far.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Ask 100 people and you will get 100 different answears. Truthfully, I haven't really found a lube that didn't work. Pick one you like and use it sparingly. Guns need very little lube to function properly. More times then not you will find that using too much lube causes problems.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Any good quality gun oil will work fine to lubricate and protect firearms.
My favorites:

Weapons Shield
Breakfree CLP
G-96 Gun Treatment
Corrosion-X
Eezox
Rem Oil
Hoppes #9

I know many will recommend lubricants designed for automobiles because they are inexpensive and a couple cans will last a lifetime. While they work fine in automobiles and will certainly lubricate guns, they don't provide the level of corrosion protection I want for my expensive firearms. I don't mind spending $10 a year for a good quality gun oil to protect my guns. This site shows some corrosion tests for some of the more popular lubricants.

Corrosion Protection Products for Rifles, Shooting, Benchrest Competition, Varminting and Firearms Storage

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
At the SHOT show I looked at the Lucas oil at a booth and the guy gave me a bunch..I know they make great products for diesel engines but have not opened any of the bottles of gun oil that was given to me...
Weapon Shield is my choice as well but I also like M-Pro7

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ask 100 people and you will get 100 different answears. Truthfully, I haven't really found a lube that didn't work. Pick one you like and use it sparingly. Guns need very little lube to function properly. More times then not you will find that using too much lube causes problems.
Agreed.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.