Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can tell me about their experiences with the Butler Creek folding stock? I'm thinking hard on one. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have a Butler Creek folder on my Mini 14 and it has worked well. The workmanship seems adequate and I have had no problems.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had one, several rifles ago, and had no issues. It did make the rifle more handy for storing behind a truck seat. That one got stolen, and I wasn't impressed enough to put one on the replacement. Kept that one stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one, and it got replaced when I bought a butler creek bull barrel/stock kit..It's not a bad stock though.
I like it, but if I could choose between the folding stock and ruger barrel, or the overmold stock with the bull barrel, I'd choose the second. The accuracy is much better, and I don't find myself in situations which would require the use of a folding stock. Great Squirrel gun.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had a stainless steel one on my 10/22 for more then 20 + years. It's been a great addition, use it when I go out to practice with my other toys........Easy to pack and take when hunting.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Butler Creek stock

I have one on my 10/22 but did not like the original grip on it. I modified it to put a SAW grip on it. it looks and feels a lot better now. Also I was sorry I did not get one before the AWB. I've got it now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have one on my 10/22 and love it. You can't tear that folding mechanism up, it's built like a tank. I have the Stainless version and wrapped the stock with paracord for a good cheek weld no matter what the temperature is. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have one of the stainless ones too. Very well built and the mechanism is easy to operate and is strong.

I like the para cord idea :cool: I have a John Masen muzzle brake added to the factory barrel, a tactical sling, and a cheapie BSA red dot sight mounted using a Weaver T09 rail.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As an alternative to the Butler Creek I would recommend one from Choate's. Tough as nails and comes with a upper hand guard.

·
Raminatus Maximus
835 Posts
I have one on my 10/22 and love it. You can't tear that folding mechanism up, it's built like a tank. I have the Stainless version and wrapped the stock with paracord for a good cheek weld no matter what the temperature is. :)

Fantastic idea. I'm in the market for one and I'm going to wrap mine in para-cord too. Since mine is going to be a camp rifle, that will be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts