Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New episode airing right now. Just curious if this will have an anti-gun message.

"Homer decides to protect the family by purchasing a gun and joining the NRA."

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
I saw the episode where Homer buys a gun. It's definitely an anti gun episode because Homer uses the gun to do stuff like open beer cans and turn off his TV and I believe he pointed it at all members of his family a few times. I mean to us actual gun owners it's probably considered just dark humor, but I feel it's an anti-gun agenda they were trying to portray.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
They will probably have a criminal take it away from him and hold the Family hostage, thus making the point that he would have been safer without the gun.

Or some other plot line that achieves that ending.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Probably along the lines of the South Park episode where they took the boys hunting.. What was that called? " Fun with firearms". It was kinda funny, But A definite slam from the libturds anti crowd. .

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I'm not normal for being a fan of this show since the early 90s :rolleyes:

I thought it's a new episode but it turned out to be a rerun. The season premiere was shown an hour later.

Marge didn't want guns in the house.
It portrayed Homer as a "nut" (well, even before this episode, we Simpsons fans already know that) and as a result of irresponsible use of his handgun, he got booted out from his NRA group.
Also, there's a scene where people from the same NRA group stopped a robbery.
In the end, Homer gave up the gun and his anti-gun wife kept it without his knowledge.

I expected a liberal slant but the episode allows for viewers to make their own decision.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Probably along the lines of the South Park episode where they took the boys hunting.. What was that called? " Fun with firearms". It was kinda funny, But A definite slam from the libturds anti crowd. .
South Park is a bit different because both Trey Parker and Matt Stone are Libertarians and they make fun of pretty much EVERYTHING Conservative or Liberal.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Simpsons is a cartoon. Yes

That gives the writers a license to be as absurd as they want. Yes

Noone takes it seriously. Wrong
This is social engineering in it's finest, albeit humorous form.

Many WW2 propaganda films done by Disney and Warner Bros were cartoons. They were very funny and also absurd, and most definitely designed to influence public perception.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is social engineering in it's finest, albeit humorous form.

Many WW2 propaganda films done by Disney and Warner Bros were cartoons. They were very funny and also absurd, and most definitely designed to influence public perception.
Yep.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simpsons is a cartoon. That gives the writers a license to be as absurd as they want. Noone takes it seriously.
Obviously, you sleep too early to bother watching late night comedians who noone takes seriously.
Recent guests include HiLIARy, Jeb, Cruz, Biden, Trump. but of course, they're just having fun, not campaigning, peddling their agenda furthest from their minds, because no one takes late night shows seriously.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts